Trusted Contributor

Why in the world do moms do this?

Why do moms post pics of their kids crying on instagram or facebook? Is nothing off limits, private, or sacred anymore? You're humiliating your child just so you can do another one of your selfish posts. Put down your phone & hug your child instead. Thanks for letting me rant.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why in the world do moms do this?

In the quest for attention nothing is off limits.

Trusted Contributor

@Snowpuppy

Well said
Honored Contributor

I thought this was going to be about the 41 year old mother in Sheboygan Falls, WI who strangled her eight year old son to death. Imagine being the teachers and counselors in his elementary school this morning.

Honored Contributor

There are so many times I wish parents would put down the d... phones and pay attention and live in the wonder of your children.

I think it is an obsession, and yes an addiction. As if anything could be more fascinating and endearing or wonderful than your own precious children.And the more children are ignored, the more they act out.

Still, I can imagine many parents are lonely and totally stressed with responsibilities, or not enough time or money and on and on who sometimes turn to anything that will give them comfort, especially if they are a single parent and needing some kind of companionship even if on a social media interaction.

I"m actually glad we did not have these when my children were young Still I don't think I would have been so fascinated by the phone over my children.and I am still not now. When people are in the room, whether adults or children, put the d... phone away!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

It's the mindset.  "It used to be All about ME, Now it's all about...THIS.  See what "I" have to Deal with."

Respected Contributor

And how about make your kids a REAL breakfast...put down the d phone and stop diddling on Farcebook and make breakfast.

My Mom divorced, had a full time job in NYC, and STILL managed to make us breakfast, get us up and out for school, make lunches, come home and make dinner, etc....in 1966.

And she wasn't dressed in pajamas and slippers til noon. She got up at 530 each day and got us ready and then herself out the door.

Of course, she wasn't phone diddling the day away and checking to see if strangers "liked" her.

WE liked her. Thanks to her, we learned to stay in school, respect elders, teachers, and people not like us, to educate ourselves, to not rely on others and most of all, not to BLAME EVERYONE ELSE when we failed at something.

And if WE did something wrong, she didn't make excuses. We got punished. We didn't die from it.

I agree with the OP. What possible benefit can come from posting pictures of your child crying? How would SHE like it if someone posted her private emotional moments?

Unthinking morons. 

The infantilization and moronification of America continues full steam ahead.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay wrote:

There are so many times I wish parents would put down the d... phones and pay attention and live in the wonder of your children.

I think it is an obsession, and yes an addiction. As if anything could be more fascinating and endearing or wonderful than your own precious children.And the more children are ignored, the more they act out.

Still, I can imagine many parents are lonely and totally stressed with responsibilities, or not enough time or money and on and on who sometimes turn to anything that will give them comfort, especially if they are a single parent and needing some kind of companionship even if on a social media interaction.

I"m actually glad we did not have these when my children were young Still I don't think I would have been so fascinated by the phone over my children.and I am still not now. When people are in the room, whether adults or children, put the d... phone away!

@on the bay @bobby5 

Beautifully said! What's next potty training photos! 😖You are so right, some people definitely have a phone addiction! 

download (2).jpg

Yep, I wonder how those mothers would feel when their kids are adults and if the mother started crying over something sentimental or at a birthday or Christmas and the kids took a photo of mom crying and posted it for all the world to see....then it probably wouldnt be so cute and funny.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Let's not leave out grandparents.  Every Sunday at church this woman brings her grand-daughter with her to mass.  She spreads out an entire brunch for her.  A portable table with donut holes, grapes, and other breakfast treats and drink.  At one point it's time for all children to go up and sit with the deacon and talk about different topics to possibly teach them a lesson.  During this time the grandmother videos the entire thing on her cell phone and takes pictures.  The entire time they are a total distraction.  I don't even know why they are there.

Honored Contributor

What about the 'parents' who intentionally set their kid up to scare them to death and then video the whole thing. 

they do what they have to do to get a reaction out of them then put it up for everybody to laugh at.   Sick..........