Honored Contributor

Re: Why in the world do moms do this?

@SharkE wrote:

What about the 'parents' who intentionally set their kid up to scare them to death and then video the whole thing. 

they do what they have to do to get a reaction out of them then put it up for everybody to laugh at.   Sick..........

Agree, I'll no longer watch something where animals are hurt by being teased or tricked and parents find it funny.  Like scaring babies and startleing them.  Not funny to me. This is what makes kids nervous.  There's enough junk in this world going on that someone would think that's funny.  

Honored Contributor

People post everything on social media.  I don't see anything particularly embarrassing about crying.  

Esteemed Contributor

I remember a couple years back when nutty parents put this app on their

phones that shows bugs crawling all up and down your faces when you

turn the camera on yourself. On one tv show they were showing Moms

scaring the daylights out of their kids with the fake bugs crawling up and

down the poor babies faces. The kids were slapping at their own faces

and the Moms were hysterical. People have too much time on their hands

and waste it with such nonsense. Lunacy.

Honored Contributor

I find myself thinking what is the world is going to be like when not a single person is still living who remembers a world WITHOUT Social Media?  All these people who think it is fine to put everything out there, with no rules, no responsibilities and no consequences.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Everyone here seems to see all these things online. What sites do you go to to look for them? Are they on your FB? Instagram? I have FB but am friends with only a few and have never seen these things. I do look at a few well known people on Instagram but they are usually QVC hosts or Martha. Still don't see any of this. 

Esteemed Contributor

They ought to find the book: "For Dummy Mothers/Fathers of the Digital World". If there ain't such a book, write one. Will it help?  Couldn't hurt.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Every time I see or hear about someone posting pics of every photo worthy meal, every outfit, their perfect kids, perfect husband etc. I wonder who they are trying to convince their life wonderful ...themselves or the outside world.

I also think of 2 words,  Shanann Watts. Her perfect husband had a girlfriend and murdered Shanann and their 2 girls.

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ

I'm not on facebook or instagram, but I can still see ones that are public. To be perfectly honest, this was a qvc host's instagram that I was looking at.
Honored Contributor

@bobby5 wrote:
@proudlyfromNJ

I'm not on facebook or instagram, but I can still see ones that are public. To be perfectly honest, this was a qvc host's instagram that I was looking at.

@bobby5  Oh.. I do look at some of theirs. I'll have to look again. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just this weekend, I had a strong conversation with my BIL about family information posted on FB by his young DIL.  

I don't do FB, but members of my family who do have it, sent me the posted information, which is NOT the way this type of news should be shared.  My BIL should have called my husband personally and told him this news.  

I let my BIL know of other instances where this girl has been too quick to put family stuff out there that we have not appreciated knowing is on social media.  I made my feelings very clear.