Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why don't the debates show the name of each person that is speaking?

Another Jerseyite here....I actually thought our Gov did ok, very passionate about 9/11 and I lost friends so that means something to me.  RNC says DT won, BC runnerup

Honored Contributor

I dvred it and still watching.    I'm enjoying it all very much. Smiley Happy

Waving hi to all the Jersey girls. Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Lotus wrote:

Ok.....who won?

CNN

Ronald reagan

Honored Contributor

@Lotus wrote:

Ok.....who won?

Maybe Kasich??  He's the least scary to me.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I guess I thought they would have the name on the front of each podium. Duly chastised Ky Toby.

I've never seen that in any debate over the many years I've watched them. Generally you know who's talking because the candidates are introduced at the beginning and the moderators say the name of the person they are asking the question of. Well of course and also by staying up to date on current events and who's running. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I guess I thought they would have the name on the front of each podium. Duly chastised Ky Toby.

I've never seen that in any debate over the many years I've watched them. Generally you know who's talking because the candidates are introduced at the beginning and the moderators say the name of the person they are asking the question of. Well of course and also by staying up to date on current events and who's running. 

Thanks Jax mom

Esteemed Contributor

I missed it (I'd rather watch paint dry..lol..) I watched America's Got Talent. I do read what they said online, that's enough for me.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ

You must have read my mind.  While watching the debates last night I was thinking the same thing.  I would appreciate knowing who is talking.  I didn't always remember the names the moderators mentioned.

Consequently, I don't know the names of some of the men who I thought did a really good job.

Honored Contributor

I think having a loud buzzer or bell works better than saying..."your time is up".  Politicians usually don't know the meaning of that phrase!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's too bad CNN decided to set their debate questions up to have the candidates spar with each other. Some took CNN's bait, most didn't. It didn't seem fair time wise. Some got a lot of air time, others very little.   I know all the candidates, I guess CNN figured the viewers would also.