Respected Contributor

I read the Community Chat board, and post when someone says something that piques my interest.  I heart for simple agreement, post if I feel there is something to add to the conversation.

I am less likely to feel welcome in the cosy personal conversational threads, but I can't follow long threads anyway, as I usually just am taking a break from work when I am posting.

Honored Contributor

The thing I wonder about is why the boards in the first place?

What's in it for them to maintain the boards must be a monetary gain.

You have to have people babysitting people who just want to stir the pot, take issue with others and fill their lonely time.

I like to talk about soap operas main reason I'm here.

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy people's feed back on so many subjects . Great information and I learn so much. Reading people of their joy and at times sorrow. Asking questions of great memories that sometimes brings a tear or two. Finding out gee I'm not the only one feeling this way. Being in touch with some very nice and caring threads and humor that makes my day.

Respected Contributor

I like reading opinions, even if I don't agree with them. Sometimes I look at things differently, and can understand their view better. 

Honored Contributor

Actually, I joined the forums in 2008 but didn't post for a long time.  However, once I started to do so I posted routinely (16,000 plus posts) on a number of topics.  I love the give and take of the various forums and if I can provide support and encouragement to others in issues they are dealing with at any particular moment I 've done my job.  I have also learned so much from other people who have given me new perspectives on topics discussed and I appreciate this so much.  And, bottom line, it's fun to post on forums and make new cyber friends.  Blessings to all who post here. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

Most of my posts are in the form of replies instead of creating original posts. Either is a means of exchanging ideas and opinions.  

I began years ago on QVC's forums when I discovered Recipe Swap (former format).  Cooking is a passion of mine, and I enjoy the exchange of recipes and tips.  Although I'm not sure of the specific post you mentioned, I agree with you about the amount of mis-information people sometimes give out.  I was once throttled for asking if posted recipes were either proofread before submission or 'tried and true.'

It was a natural transition to the Home forum, and I have posted there to ask for reviews when shopping for particular items e.g. clothes washers, vacuums, refrigerators, etc., or to share good reviews of products I have 'discovered.'

While exploring the new format, I stumbled into Community Chat. This forum is naturally more varied in subject matter, but the threads are also more likely to turn vitriolic. 

As a life-long observer of human behavior, always trying to understand the "why" behind what people do and say, I'd like to ask if  you believe QVC forums are a good cross-sectional representation of American middle-class society.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Sometimes, I ask myself that same question......lol  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

LOL

Respected Contributor

I have no idea why I post.  I'm retired and work a part time job but it isn't very busy so I play around on the Internet.  Years ago I found the QVC boards and started to read and then just kept on logging in each day.

I do find them informative and sometimes just fun. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Join the club.