Respected Contributor

Re: Why Is it That.....

[ Edited ]

OK  Got it.

You do not order the same thing at a restaurant but often desire the food that you see someone else has ordered.

So what someone else has you want!

You do not purchase the same food every week, but what you do purchase is no longer appealing to you.

So once you get it you no longer want it!

Yea, as you said, weird.

this is a food issue, really

Respectfully, keep the tongue and eyeballs to yourself!  Thank you.

I am done. It is your dilemma, can not relate.  Better luck at the food market.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Why Is it That.....

[ Edited ]

It’s the thrill of the hunt...once you have it, it loses importance, and it’s off to the next conquest.....🤗

Honored Contributor

The only time I shop and have nothing to eat after shopping would be when I went to Costco.  

With me, it depends on which store I shop at.  I don't buy certain things at different stores.  Depends on the store.

I don't cook at all anymore.  I eat usually lunch out then I eat something very light at night if I eat at all.

I can't smell or taste much so I never get hungry.  I can go all day and well into the next day without being hungry.

It makes me realize how connected smell and taste are to being hunry.

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

It’s the thrill of the hunt...once you have it, it loses importance, and it’s off to the next conquest.....🤗

@lovesrecess 

That's it!

The only thing is that I can not relate it to food, only to affairs!

Shame on me for having such thoughts.

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

......I can go grocery shopping, buy $100 - $150 worth of food, but when I get hungry, nothing that I bought appeals to me?

Also, why is it that when I go out to a restaurant, I order whatever it is that I want, but yet when I see someone eating something else, I think that I should have ordered whatever it is that they're eating.

Weird.

@Anonymous032819  I'm the same way about the groceries!

As to the restaurant...taking my late, lovely mom out to dinner was always an exercise in patience. She'd decide what she wanted, but after listening to others place their order she'd often change her mind. Then when the food came out, she'd look at everyone else's plate, sigh, and say "That looks good, I wish I'd ordered that!" It became a family joke!