Esteemed Contributor

......I can go grocery shopping, buy $100 - $150 worth of food, but when I get hungry, nothing that I bought appeals to me?

Also, why is it that when I go out to a restaurant, I order whatever it is that I want, but yet when I see someone eating something else, I think that I should have ordered whatever it is that they're eating.

Weird.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

I can relate. I get my groceries every Sunday and then sometimes I'm like, why did I get that, I don't want that. I do try to make myself eat it but sometimes it just goes in the freezer for another time.  Food moods change quickly IMO.  I get food envy at restaurants when I see big plates of super fattening (and delicious) foods that I don't eat go by me.  I want to grab it off the serving tray!

Honored Contributor

FOMO

Honored Contributor

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

FOMO

@GenXmuse I agree. Same reason the bracelet, purse, beauty item, shoes that we obsessed over now sits at the back of the closet/drawer. Retail sales are driven by FOMO.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Why Is it That.....

[ Edited ]

Doesn't happen to me.  Always go food shopping  with a list and pretty much buy the same items each time.  And in restaurants I usually know what I like/want because I've checked the menu online.  

I give up.  What's FOMO???

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Doesn't happen to me.  Always go food shopping  with a list and pretty much buy the same items each time.  And in restaurants I usually know what I like/want because I've checked the menu online.  

I give up.  What's FOMO???

@kaydee50 

FOMO 

Fear

Of

Missing

Out

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 I can so relate! When my almost 50 year old son was a teen, his dad & I would get groceries, bring them in and he'd ask "Is there anything good to eat there?" We still laugh about that! That boy had a hollow leg!

Esteemed Contributor

I go once a month for my big grocery shopping trip so I have a ton of groceries to choose from when I get home but it never fails, I'll get take out for dinner that evening. 

I do the same as you in restaurants.  I know what I want (or what I usually order) but I always see something I don't recognize (after I've ordered) and try to figure out what it is and remember it for the next time I'm there.  Oh, and the next time I'm there, I order the "Usual".  LOL!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

No disrespect, but are you paying attention to your likes versus habit when grocery shopping?

Are you indecisive at the restaurant?

Have you truly figured out what you enjoy or want to eat?

Tastes in all thing of life change over time and maybe your tastes are evolving.