Respected Contributor

Re: Why Do We Love QVC Forums?

(Mostly) nice people and fun topics. 

Honored Contributor

Congrats, @Katcat1 for eliciting almost 100 percent positive thoughts about what we love about these forums.

Since I haven't shopped here in years and for the last few months have stopped even looking in at live QVC, one might wonder the reason I show up here daily. :-)

It's fun. Pure and simple. And I will admit that it is also a good antidote to boredom. Also, like @Rainy Day Girl , I majored in English and taught language skills, so it's a good place to exercise those skills that might otherwise go stale.

The latter is becoming more important to me because daily I find that my hands and my mind are increasingly at battle. Hoping it's just a normal part of the wicked aging process.

But I digress.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Top 10 Reasons Why I Love QVC Forums

10. Breaking News!

9. Recipes (favorites have been Tex-Mex and cakes)

8. Fashion and jewelry ideas

7. Learning about sales

6. Beauty tips and healthy products

5. Knowing when classic movies are on

4. Everything about pets, the happy and the sad

3. Customer service information, the good and the bad

2. The positive camaraderie, kindness, helpfulness and humor

1. Finding clever, thoughtful and funny friends who love handbags as much as I do
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The posters — so many wonderful people here. So informative on a wide range of products and topics. I know people can ask for advice, share ideas. Many heartfelt feelings for a wide range of posters. And we enjoy hearts!!!  (When they work).  Some people have this forum to share and make friends. I’m sure many we would love to lunch with.  Some use it when they have no place to turn to.  I learn SOMETHING here every day, even though I don’t post often. Also, I’m another who does no other social media.  FB, twitter or IG.  

Respected Contributor

Occasional boredom.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mustang66lady 

I'm a stage 3 ovarian cancer survior - 13 years!!!! Cancer FREE!!!!

I posted on here a couple of days ago that I went to the Emergency Room on March 2nd - for 5 nights - due to a bowel obstruction --- which they alleviated without surgery.

I watched QVC on the tv the whole time - and enjoyed every minute. I couldn't have survived my traumatic experience without QVC.

Two weeks ago and also in the past, I was suffering from some major medical problem and posted it ----- and the women were so caring, helpful and supportive.

I'm retired and home most of the time and this site is such a great outlet -- exchanging opinions/advice with women all over the country - various ages - many different-type lifestyles.

A few weeks ago, one of the women on here posted about QVC's presentation of Clarks Ashland Joy shoes. I wasn't going to purchase them because sizing has become a problem - but she told me the shoes were great. Well - I purchased 2 pair and they are great.

Just interacting with people - 24 hours a day --- and reading other women's stories about their health, shopping experiences, QVC purchases, which shows they enjoy watching, etc.

I love my computer!!!!

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman---PNW---Woodinville to be exact! Woman Wink I suspected you may be from the Mossy state!!!! Or rather------the  SNOWY state--got a dusting this a.m.----good grief----Robot surprised

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

What can I say, I love Ladies,,/men  and like learning and passing on experiences and a little knowledge, when possible.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I’m rather new and first posted about a product. The answers were so helpful and people so friendly.

There is much information here and I’ve learned a lot.

I’m hearing disabled so I can take part in conversations.

The Book Club is informative,I’m always reserving new ones. 

Pet Lovers is helpful, love the photos and cry when they are sick.

THANK YOU QVC FOR THE FORUMS !

Honored Contributor

I genuinely care about the women that I chat with here.  I've posted with women who have faced their own mortality with such grace that it humbled me. 

In particular, a poster named Karuna (in the widows thread) who lost her husband and shared her own journey with brain cancer with me.  She passed away in December 2016 and I can't see a starry sky without thinking of her.  We in the widows thread were fortunate that her family and caregiver posted when she joined her husband in heaven.  

My fellow AM Styler GMKB transitioned into hospice care at the end of the first full week of February.  She wrote this publicly on our thread so I am not speaking out of order.  I know for a fact that she is on our minds not only when we gather each Saturday (fashion or no fashion).   

Posters here have celebrated special occasions like my birthday and retirement with me.  They've comforted and held me up when my mother, BIL and sister died.  They've sent hugs when beloved companion animals in my family have crossed the rainbow bridge.

I may never meet them or you, however I feel a kinship with many here.

It's not just nicknames on a screen.  It is a community to me.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise