Honored Contributor

Re: Why Do We Love QVC Forums?

@Bird mama wrote:

I genuinely care about the women that I chat with here.  I've posted with women who have faced their own mortality with such grace that it humbled me. 

In particular, a poster named Karuna (in the widows thread) who lost her husband and shared her own journey with brain cancer with me.  She passed away in December 2016 and I can't see a starry sky without thinking of her.  We in the widows thread were fortunate that her family and caregiver posted when she joined her husband in heaven.  

My fellow AM Styler GMKB transitioned into hospice care at the end of the first full week of February.  She wrote this publicly on our thread so I am not speaking out of order.  I know for a fact that she is on our minds not only when we gather each Saturday (fashion or no fashion).   

Posters here have celebrated special occasions like my birthday and retirement with me.  They've comforted and held me up when my mother, BIL and sister died.  They've sent hugs when beloved companion animals in my family have crossed the rainbow bridge.

I may never meet them or you, however I feel a kinship with many here.

It's not just nicknames on a screen.  It is a community to me.

Thank you @Bird mama  for putting in to words what I couldn't.  Heart

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Oh and P.S. I love John @hckynut too.  Woman Wink

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@RainCityWoman---PNW---Woodinville to be exact! Woman Wink I suspected you may be from the Mossy state!!!! Or rather------the  SNOWY state--got a dusting this a.m.----good grief----Robot surprised

I'm in North Seattle...Sandpoint, Meadowbrook.

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1  Enjoy kicking it with nice people, very informative about topics I'm intersted in.  I don't have Facebook so this is my onlline social enjoyment.

Honored Contributor

Because I learn a lot about how people really think.  And a lot of this stuff you just can't make up. The National Enquirer pales in some of the things I read here.

They must be so embarrassed going "Why didn't we think of that?"  Woman WinkWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

Friends. I met one of my close friends here.  I also love the conversation, and I have learned a lot as well.!  

Honored Contributor

I enjoy reading the questions and comments about makeup, skincare and jewelry. It gives me the opportunity to share my knowledge and learn from others...products I may not have tried.

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@mustang66lady 

I'm a stage 3 ovarian cancer survior - 13 years!!!! Cancer FREE!!!!

I posted on here a couple of days ago that I went to the Emergency Room on March 2nd - for 5 nights - due to a bowel obstruction --- which they alleviated without surgery.

I watched QVC on the tv the whole time - and enjoyed every minute. I couldn't have survived my traumatic experience without QVC.

Two weeks ago and also in the past, I was suffering from some major medical problem and posted it ----- and the women were so caring, helpful and supportive.

I'm retired and home most of the time and this site is such a great outlet -- exchanging opinions/advice with women all over the country - various ages - many different-type lifestyles.

A few weeks ago, one of the women on here posted about QVC's presentation of Clarks Ashland Joy shoes. I wasn't going to purchase them because sizing has become a problem - but she told me the shoes were great. Well - I purchased 2 pair and they are great.

Just interacting with people - 24 hours a day --- and reading other women's stories about their health, shopping experiences, QVC purchases, which shows they enjoy watching, etc.

I love my computer!!!!

@kivah 

Sorry-I'm just now seeing this.  My "notification" alert doesn't operate correctly yet.  Yesterday it said I had notifications and when I clicked on it, I received a message that I didn't have any notifications.  Woman Frustrated  

I just wanted to say congrats on being a survivor of ovarian cancer-especially stage 3!   I am an 11 years survivor (will be 12 in Oct.) but I was a stage 1.   Mine was found unbelievably early.  I feel blessed every day.    Wish I could say I was the only one that found these forums because of illness but unfortunately I'm not.  They have been a blessing to many in and thru all sorts of mishaps of life.  Thanks QVC.