Honored Contributor

Re: Why Can't I Make Up My Mind

@Bird mama wrote:

I ain't Lola, but I'll see if I can find them for you :-)

Thank you so much, that was very sweet of you!

Trusted Contributor

Timberland Boot?

Timberland 'Bramhall Six Inch' Boot (Women)

and Timberland Sneaker?   

Timberland 'Glastonbury Six Inch' Sneaker (Women)

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Woops, thought I was posting the front of each.  And also woops, I didn't see birdmama's pics above mine.

Honored Contributor

I'm very casual and I'd go for the sneaker boot.  Both pairs are cute.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

You should have seen my in the ice cream aisle of the grocery store today.  I must have looked like someone who had never seen that many brands and flavors in one place before.  I paced up the aisle and down the aisle.  I squatted to see the flavors on the lower shelves and craned my neck to see what flavors were past the condensation caused by the guy who opened the door before me.

There have been times when I've looked at everything and then didn't even buy any of it! Anyone watching me would think, she's crazy!

Trusted Contributor

And sorry I can't help on a decision.  I've not been able to wearing anything but Crocs or Sketchers since around 2005. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I personally LOVE the boot in tan with the plaid top.... but I'm a sucker for plaid~!!

Now I'm thinking maybe I need a pair of boots with plaid tops.....

I'm another one that sees what I like and decides.  I can't remember regretting a decision I've made like that.  My concern is usually with the money involved and if I should spend it.  If I decide I should... BAM... no problem~!  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

Jordan2,  I understand where you are coming from; I am also very indecisive, and have a terrible time making decisions!!  Sometimes I will buy several items and can usually decide at home, and return the "rejects"!!  At least we know we're not alone!! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm so wishy-washy when it comes to making decisions. I'm looking at two pairs of Timberland shoes at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale and I can't make up my mind. I don't know which style or color I like, and think do I really need them? I have had trouble making decisions since I was a kid and still have the same problem as an adult. Am I alone in this or are some of you just as indecisive?

Maybe the fact that Nordstrom's is having a big sale makes you think you HAVE to buy them now.  

I'm thinking you don't REALLY need them, but are trying to force a decision because of the sale.    Skip this purchase and wait for something that makes you jump for joy.   You won't die if you don't get these shoes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

More thinking is not always better thinking.

It’s often good to think through your decisions. But don’t overdo it. Research can reach a point of diminishing returns, confusing more than clarifying. Many good decisions can be made based as much on intuition as on meticulous assessment of endless data.

Trust your intuition.

Intuition is an impression, a perception, an insight whose origins you may not fully understand. It can be an important source of information. Do not ignore it. But don’t confuse intuition with impulsiveness. Impulsiveness is the urge to do something to meet an emotional need of the moment that often (though not always) leads you down a path you’ll regret.

Accept that you can’t have it all.

Decisions force us to close the door on other possibilities, small ones and big ones. You can’t order every delicious dish on the menu. And there will be paths not taken, careers not chosen, experiences not encountered. Would your marriage to your old love have worked out better? Fantasize all you like, but you'll never really know. So, visit the “what if” scenario if you must, but do not invite it to take up space in your gray matter. Let the past be. Live in the present where what you do today will make a difference.

The above suggestions are from Psychology Today, as guides to help with making decisions.  There were many, but I picked a few.

I think the advice a poster gave you to set the shoes aside was good advice.  You may not really want them, if it is that hard.  What I do is buy both.  Get them home and see.  Don't worry about making a bad choice.  JMHO

One thought is, what if you DIDN'T buy those shoes?