Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,270
Registered: ‎04-20-2012

Would you pay for a family member to get breast implants?

I would only if it was for reconstructive surgery in the event of breast cancer where a mastectomy was necessary.  But, for cosmetic surgery, no.  I have never felt it was wise to put those things in your body.  If I had adult children, I would allow them to live at home rent free to save their money while working if that's what they really wanted.  But, when they broke and needed replacements....sorry but I still would not pay for it and by then they would probably be much too old to live at home.  So, this could be a problem as from what I understand it's not a matter of if they break but when.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,733
Registered: ‎10-25-2010

Re: Would you pay for a family member to get breast implants?

Well then, you're in luck.  Breast recontruction after breast cancer is covered by insurance and has been for quite a few years now.

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,270
Registered: ‎04-20-2012

Re: Would you pay for a family member to get breast implants?


@CARMIE wrote:

Well then, you're in luck.  Breast recontruction after breast cancer is covered by insurance and has been for quite a few years now.

 

 


No need for the snark, I had no idea it was covered.  Wonderful news though for those who need this information!!  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 27,204
Registered: ‎01-08-2011

Re: Would you pay for a family member to get breast implants?

I agree with Kittywhipped.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,136
Registered: ‎06-03-2010

Re: Would you pay for a family member to get breast implants?


@kittywhipped wrote:

@CARMIE wrote:

Well then, you're in luck.  Breast recontruction after breast cancer is covered by insurance and has been for quite a few years now.

 

 


No need for the snark, I had no idea it was covered.  Wonderful news though for those who need this information!!  


it's been covered for almost 20 years...........I wouldn't expect you to know that kitty, unless you had had BC.........I have had BC, and almost as soon as I had gotten home from the hospital, I received a letter from our insurance and I get one every year,since....but I didn't know till I got that letter......I wouldn't do an implant, I'd have done an abdominal flap however, if I had needed it.................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,270
Registered: ‎04-20-2012

Re: Would you pay for a family member to get breast implants?


@raven-blackbird wrote:

@kittywhipped wrote:

@CARMIE wrote:

Well then, you're in luck.  Breast recontruction after breast cancer is covered by insurance and has been for quite a few years now.

 

 


No need for the snark, I had no idea it was covered.  Wonderful news though for those who need this information!!  


it's been covered for almost 20 years...........I wouldn't expect you to know that kitty, unless you had had BC.........I have had BC, and almost as soon as I had gotten home from the hospital, I received a letter from our insurance and I get one every year,since....but I didn't know till I got that letter......I wouldn't do an implant, I'd have done an abdominal flap however, if I had needed it.................................raven


Thank you Raven....all good info.  

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,838
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Would you pay for a family member to get breast implants?

Same here, only if it was for someone that had breast cancer. But yes that is now covered by insurance.

 

Otherwise, no.

 

And i might add I wouldn't pay for it for myself either if I just wanted it for looks.

 

PS I am a 5 &3/4 years breast cancer survivor. I had a lumpectomy w radiation so I didn't need reconstruction and I pray I never do!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,365
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Re: Would you pay for a family member to get breast implants?

If I was very wealthy and could easily afford to help, I would. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,177
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Would you pay for a family member to get breast implants?

If I had a daughter who was suffering emotionally........I would pay for any cosmetic procedure to help; i.e., nose job, teeth straightening, ear pinning, etc.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,270
Registered: ‎04-20-2012

Re: Would you pay for a family member to get breast implants?


@desertDi wrote:

If I had a daughter who was suffering emotionally........I would pay for any cosmetic procedure to help; i.e., nose job, teeth straightening, ear pinning, etc.


I think breast implants do not fall into the same category as the others, imo.