Honored Contributor

Why Am I So Happy That Jill Martin Is Engaged?

My surprise isn't derived from a dislike of her or the G.I.L.I. line.  It is not a line of fashion that is compatible with my age (in my opinion), but I have not had any great feeling invested in her that I know of.

But when I read that she is newly engaged to an investment banker, I began to grin from ear to ear.  She looks sooo happy, too!  My delight is genuine.

My hope is that she has a loving, tender and enduring marriage.

Best wishes to her! 

Thrilled: The author happily flashed her diamond engagement ring while posing for photos

Respected Contributor

Re: Why Am I So Happy That Jill Martin Is Engaged?

Nice diamond.  I guess she really wants us to notice.  Hope the couple are happy.

Honored Contributor

wishing her a lifetime of love and happiness!

she looks so excited......

is her fiance on the left or right?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Only you can answer that question.  I'm happy for her but not in the same way that I would be happy if I actually knew her.  

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

wishing her a lifetime of love and happiness!

she looks so excited......

is her fiance on the left or right?_

________

To her left

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sunshine,

That handsome grey-haired gentleman is Jill's dad.  Her betrothed is on her left.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7079921/Today-host-Jill-Martin-reveals-engaged.html

Regarding my unexpected joy for someone I do not know, perhaps it is because I always viewed her as hardworking and pretty much genuine in her relationships.  (Yeah, I got all that from her NBC appearances and selling handbags on QVC.  LOL)

When I read the article above, I was impressed by her level-headed approach when accepting that she might always be uncoupled.  What I read matched my faint idea of who she is and what she is all about.

Honored Contributor

I honestly don’t care. Of course I wish her well, but I justdon’t Feel a connection to anyone there.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Personally, I never cared for her or the GILI line.  And like someone on another thread mentioned, maybe he will take her away from QVC and she can move on to other ventures.  But nonetheless, I hope she is happy.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 

I applaud your willingness to openly post your happiness about Jill Martin's recent engagement.

I don't watch the Today (?) Show or QVC enough to "know" Jill, but do remember when she had a closet organization line in which her mom would be featured. 

I do, however, know there appears to be a contingency of small-minded women who will forever hold her responsible for the departure/demise of Lisa Robertson and the quality control issues associated with the GILI brand. They choose to overlook the fact that there is a whole GILI team for which Jill only serves as the front (wo)man.

She looks ecstatic in the picture you posted and how sweet to include their parents in the celebratory photo. I  hope she and Erik share a long and happy life together.

Honored Contributor

Jill and Erik,

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4b/25/2d/4b252d6abe86088b4820f31ed5d330b4.gif