Respected Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Many women find it offensive when men discuss them with sexual connotations so I am not sure why they think it is fine or appropriate to discuss men in the same way.

Not a fan of this kind of conversation.

Clutching her pearls | Pearls, Silent movie, Movie stars

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Mindy D 

I shy away from Tarantino films.  I'm not much for violence.

Although I was hooked on "Breaking Bad".  Not Tarantino, but it was pretty darned violent.  But I also laughed out loud at some of it and Tarantino has never made me laugh, only wince and turn away.

@QueenDanceALot, "Breaking Bad" was a masterpiece of its kind. It had everything going for it. It's still my No 1 pick on Netflix, but I also adored "Weeds."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I am having some tree work done and the guy who is doing the first project looks like Brad Pitt in Thelma and Louise.

He can trim my tree anytime!

@QueenDanceALot   But is he insured?

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

This was such a fun thread to read (for many reasons) LOL  

Thanks for the many chuckles!  Enjoy your view @QueenDanceALot 

Honored Contributor

These posts are not in the least offensive. I like things like this cuz its a little bit of fun.   Woman Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I am having some tree work done and the guy who is doing the first project looks like Brad Pitt in Thelma and Louise.

He can trim my tree anytime!

@QueenDanceALot   But is he insured?

@esmerelda 

Yes, mother!

Esteemed Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Many women find it offensive when men discuss them with sexual connotations so I am not sure why they think it is fine or appropriate to discuss men in the same way.

Not a fan of this kind of conversation.

@FancyPhillyshopper  Agreed.  And who would be the first to be offended if spoken of by men in the same way?

This is the double standard on which the me too movement was born.

And it just sounds...desperate.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

The Me Too movement, with variations of related local or international names, is a movement against sexual harassment and sexual abuse where people publicize their allegations of sex crimes committed by powerful and/or prominent men. Wikipedia

It's odd to compare discussing how sexy someone is with harassing or abusing a person.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

The Me Too movement, with variations of related local or international names, is a movement against sexual harassment and sexual abuse where people publicize their allegations of sex crimes committed by powerful and/or prominent men. Wikipedia

It's odd to compare discussing how sexy someone is with harassing or abusing a person.

If admiring the adult human form, respectfully and without coercion, were the same as harrassment, almost everyone would be in jail. 

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 

ITA.

Speaking of desperate.....