Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who would you rather.......

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

The Queen's corgis.

Winner of the best answer award  LOL

Honored Contributor

I wouldn’t be interested in meeting any of them.   

Respected Contributor

Megan is stirring the pot for sure, they don't like that. I think she has a job with Disney good. Now the cousins& all the others that will not be King or Queen should work but also do the charity too. Times are changing. Sitting back watching all this and see how this works out. 

Honored Contributor

Will and Kate

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Honestly I just do not understand what any of them are held in any high regard at all They are not special to me at all.  I just do not get IT.  Never will. 

@SeaMaiden I don't have to like or admire someone to be interested in them.  I have read books by and about all the first ladies and presidents since Eisenhower, and many before for example.

I have an interest in the Royal Family because of their history, their historical importance and influence, those whom they have met, the circumstances in which they have been involved and critical to over the years, their holdings, their traditional clothing and ceremonies, the things they have seen and done, and the role they play in world events today and the history they convey.

I like to see the parades, ceremonies, dinners, cars and royal trappings like the crowns and the jewels.

And then there are the family highs and lows and dramas, just like the ones we read about here every day and take an interest in about people we don't know.

@Sooner    I guess for all the reasons you listed why you have an interest in them, I am not interested in any of them.   Just a differing of opinion. That is what makes the world go round. 

Honored Contributor

I'd say "no thank you" to being any of them.   

Honored Contributor

I wouldn’t make a special trip, but if there, it would be interesting to meet William and George in a casual setting.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I'd love to chat with the Queen if it could be a relaxed conversation.  Would love to meet with Charles and/or Camilla because I like them and especially am interested in Charles' enthusiasm and passion for the environment.

I like the younger royals, and would be interested in Harry's work with elephant conservation, so I would like to meet him.

I also like Meghan, William and Kate.  Wouldn't turn down tea with any of them.  

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Honestly I just do not understand what any of them are held in any high regard at all They are not special to me at all.  I just do not get IT.  Never will. 

@SeaMaiden 

ITA

It's like...

"How did you become a Prince/Princess?

Did you graduate from college working 3 jobs to pay your

way through school? 
No

Did you start working right out of school, working long hours to

your way up to the top?

No

So how did you become a a Prince/Princess?

Well....Dad got Mom drunk and well....you know...."

Literally zero skill.

The correct response that all monarchies have claimed is that they are designated to their positions by God.  End of query. Smiley Happy