Trusted Contributor

Warby-Parker for contact lenses, eyeglasses, or sunglasses?

Has anyone here ever used Warby-Parker? If yes, how was their quality, prices? Thanks in advance.

Honored Contributor

Re: Warby-Parker for contact lenses, eyeglasses, or sunglasses?

[ Edited ]

I prefer 39 glasses (.) com my hubby and I have used them for glasses  for years, The glasses that I am wearing in my photos I bought from them.

Their base price is $39 for a great selection of glasses

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@sgraham30    Definitely 5 Stars for WP!! The glasses I'm wearing now came from there. They were 1/3 the price of the previous store I purchased my glasses which includes the lenses! They make their own lenses which cuts out the middle man and can therefore lower the price.

Customer Service is impeccable. I walked in and was immediately greeted and paired with with an associate who assessed my situation....low bridge, small face and went immediately to many choices of children's low bridge frames. I chose a clear frame since with white/silver hair and fair skin, all the darker frames were the first and only thing you saw on my face. The SA agreed that my dark brows set them off and my now brighter lip color balanced out the look. I was quite impressed w/ their expertise. I also have the issue of fitting the glass's stems of fitting underneath my hearing aids, without being too tight. They delivered on all counts. 

I received an email "How Did We Do" within 2 days and each time I go to have an adjustment (free) by an onsight optician, I receive another email to make sure I received spot on service. 

Since I've had my glasses, I've referred several people who are ecstatic with their frames and service. I'll add that my Warby Parker store is 40 minutes away. It's worth every mile!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's what I don't understand. Whenever I've gone to pick up my new glasses they've done what I can only think of referring to as 'a fitting'. They put them on me, look at them, wiggle (for lack of a better word) them a little, usually take them in the back room for a little adjusting, come back and put them on me again. I guess just to make sure they sit right on my ears or something! I don't leave there till they're happy and I'm happy. Sooooo, what you do if you receive them and they don't feel like they sit quite right or the arms need adjusting? 

Oh wait, I guess Shanus was responding at the same time I was. So this is a walk-in place? From their ads I got the impression it was a place you pick your frames on-line and mail them in your prescription and they come back via the mail. My mistake. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchased my newest pair of glasses from Warby Parker and am extremely p!eased.

I have a local store so I didn't use their mail order option. I perused the website and made a list of all the frames I wanted to try (probably a dozen). I was immediately met by an associate who took my list, pulled all the frames so I could try and compare all at the same time. I appreciated that the associate didn't hover and basically left me alone to try the frames and didn't interject his opinion (which to me can be off-putting).

I chose my frames, was measured and received my new glasses in less than a week via mail. In full disclosure, there was a problem with the measurements and I returned to the store to have a new pair made. 

The prices are extremely affordable--most being $295 for progressives. I believe I chose a frame a bit more expensive and paid $345--still a bargain.

Depending on where you live, stores might vary. My store is almost  always very busy (like very crowded) with a hipster vibe. Because I prefer being left alone until I need help, it works for me.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus, thanks for the great info/review!   I ordered the 5 frame try me for home, but I do have a store maybe 30-40 minutes  from here. It sounds like it might be a good idea for me to return the frames to the actual store (if it's allowed) once I've chosen which frame I want. 

Esteemed Contributor

Isn't it fun when you're wanting to get new glasses and new frames and when you try them on and look in the mirror you can hardly see how they look because you need glasses?

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Here's what I don't understand. Whenever I've gone to pick up my new glasses they've done what I can only think of referring to as 'a fitting'. They put them on me, look at them, wiggle (for lack of a better word) them a little, usually take them in the back room for a little adjusting, come back and put them on me again. I guess just to make sure they sit right on my ears or something! I don't leave there till they're happy and I'm happy. Sooooo, what you do if you receive them and they don't feel like they sit quite right or the arms need adjusting? 

Oh wait, I guess Shanus was responding at the same time I was. So this is a walk-in place? From their ads I got the impression it was a place you pick your frames on-line and mail them in your prescription and they come back via the mail. My mistake. 

@shaggygirl   You can either walk in (if there is one nearby) or order online.

Because of the fitting issue along with my prescription, I had frames from Warby Parker shipped to me and had my optometrist do the lenses...yes it cost more to do it that way but they got it right for me.  

However this time around (I'm currently working on getting new glasses) I decided to go for WP to do it all.  I sent them my prescription and they shipped the glasses out to me.  As soon as I put them on I knew they were off.  So I shipped them back and only ordered the frames which I now have.  I'm going back to the optometrist for them to put in lenses for the new frames.  They will also fit and adjust them for me.   The reason I'm doing this is because I really happen to like the frames a lot.  My optometrist has a limited selection.

I also like that you can try out up to 5 pairs of frames.  They mail them to you & give you a return label to ship them back.

Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl, you're right on both counts. There are B&M locations. They also have a 5 frame try me offer where you choose 5 frames that you like from their inventory. They're then shipped to your home, free shipping,You keep them for 5 days, then return them, free return shipping. 

I got my last glasses at Costco about 18 months ago. They handed me the glasses, no adjustments of any type were done, I was in & out. 

Honored Contributor

@sgraham30 wrote:

Has anyone here ever used Warby-Parker? If yes, how was their quality, prices? Thanks in advance.

haven't used them but I was actually at a store this week

the frames are nice, but it's a certain look.  which you may or may not be into .

FWIW I think all the frames/lenses are pretty much the same it's the person sizing you up for them .  imo