Trusted Contributor

Re: Who Would You Want To Have Dinner With

For family (all deceased) definitely my Mom, my Dad and my Grandmom. 

Would love to meet/have dinner with Bill Gates, Joe Biden and Pope Francis.

Honored Contributor

Emeril, Julia Child and David McCullough.  I'd invite hubby of course.  We'd have a wonderful evening and great food. 

Frequent Contributor

Daryl Hall.   Rachel Maddow.   JK Rowling.   

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

george washington.....wouldnt it be great to pick his brain NOW? i would also love to know if he thought leading an army was easier than leading a nation.

my grandmother.....who died when i was just about two years old. would love to ask her lots of family questions.

ghandi.......because, GHANDI.....what a wonderful life of human service.

tons more, but those are off of the top of my head at the moment for certain reasons.

@sunshine45 

Not one Raven???????  No Coach Harbaugh, Ray Lewis????

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Michelle Obama & Cindy Williams

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

george washington.....wouldnt it be great to pick his brain NOW? i would also love to know if he thought leading an army was easier than leading a nation.

my grandmother.....who died when i was just about two years old. would love to ask her lots of family questions.

ghandi.......because, GHANDI.....what a wonderful life of human service.

tons more, but those are off of the top of my head at the moment for certain reasons.

@sunshine45 

Not one Raven???????  No Coach Harbaugh, Ray Lewis????

LOL @Spurt  i did say i had TONS more.....

i went with the people who are no longer with us.

there is still a chance for me with ravens, including harbaugh and lewis, because they are still alive. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

My best friend, my best cat, and Tammy Faye Messner.

I'd have a repeat of the last Thanksgiving dinner I had with my friend, only he wouldn't be dying, and we'd still watch "Benny Hill."

I'd share a Pu Pu Platter with my cat the way we used to do on Friday nights when I brought take-out home after work. Since this is a fantasy, I wouldn't get sick from it and she wouldn't die later, either.

And I'd like to have dessert with Tammy Faye. I really liked her. We could have pecan pie with ice cream and she could talk about Jesus. And of course, Tammy would still be with us, too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All sports lineup for me-----

Coach Joe Gibbs (Super Bowl winning Redskin Coach, NFL Hall of Famer, winner of 5 Nascar Championships)

download.jpg

David Robinson (NBA Hall of Famer, Spurs Champion,  Philanthropist, and great human being. )  

Sean Elliott (NBA Spurs Champ, Spurs TV Analyst, he has a great sense of humor, movie reviewer, he and his wife do a lot for animal charities)......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So I was watching Jimmy Fallon this morning from last night, he does this bit Ask The Fallons. So a viewer asked if you could have dinner with three people alive or dead, who would you choose? I got to thinking, who would I like to sit down with? I don't want to eat with any celebrities, I would give anything to have one last meal with my mother, father, and brother. All of them have passed, I miss them terribly and would love to see them again.

@Jordan2 

I think my grandma, my dad, both passed, and...hmmm, the third one is tough. I’ll have to think about it. 

Honored Contributor

If I could have dinner at their place (again no dead people friends or relatives), I would love to be at a gathering hosted by Michelle Obama, the Barefoot Contessa lady, or Martha Stewart. Besides their other obvious and far more important accomplishments, I think they would all be wonderful hosts.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr