Esteemed Contributor

I've never seen teeth that were too white. I'd love to have chiclet teeth! Lol

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whitest Teeth

[ Edited ]

@fthunt

It's called "photoshop" --- pics are always touched up. Sales Technique.

Have u also noticed that their teeth are perfect - as well as overly white? It started with HDTV - close-ups. Probably veneers or false teeth. Everyone on tv has the same teeth.

Valued Contributor

I was thinking about Ross.  That was a funny episode!  Thanks for making me laugh :-D

Esteemed Contributor

I know teeth are to be healthy and white but natural white not like snow IMO. So as far movie stars well if you ask me lots have too white of teeth. They look fake. And yes many have veneers and all kinds of dental work because well they can afford it. I always hear Simon Cowell is a chain smoker and has dentures. I remember reading Whitneys death report and she had fake teeth here and there.. Nothing wrong w getting teeth fixed (I had lots of dental work) but don't be deceived, not everyone has perfect snow white smiles. Most had work done and bleaching. So anyway I think teeth should look healthy and natural not like they're fake (and im not speaking of hosts I hardly watch Q anymore! lol)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

Did you ever see the episode on Friends where Ross over bleached his teeth and they glowed in the dark?  It was hilarious.  I can think of three hosts who have had some cosmetic dental work done since I have been watching QVC.  I've been watching for 27 years.  Their teeth are unnatural looking.  I'm thinking they have veneers.  I don't think any whitening product can get your teeth that white.  Your teeth can be whitened but no bleaching is going to get them whiter than what you were born with so says my dentist.

@KentuckyWoman - I never saw that one! I'll have to get it from DD. She has every DVD. She and her friends weren't allowed to see it when they were young, so they all gave each other the DVD's of seasons when they were older!

My dentist told me I shouldn't whiten my teeth at all. I'm blonde with light skin. He said the contrast would not look natural. I was a little disappointed, but they're really not that bad. My children had it done when their braces came off. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

As a certified dental assistant I've seen many people over whiten their teeth.  Though I've also seen what a difference  chairside bleaching can make.  Some have naturally dark teeth and get a lot of staining from coffee, wine, etc.   It can look nice and natural as long as it's not overdone.  Plus, for many it causes hypersensitivity.  I think being on television though, they are probably encouraged to better their appearance.

Honored Contributor

My daughter's father in law had extensive dental work done last year, and he had such super white teeth afterwards, that they looked so unnatural and just weird........He eventually went back to the Dentist and had some readjustments, and now his new teeth look very nice, and natural, not so overly white and unnatural looking...... 

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I've never seen teeth that were too white. I'd love to have chiclet teeth! Lol

LOL! Me too! 

I used to hold a Chicklet or a tic tac  up to my teeth and do a comparison and get mad when my teeth didn't look like them. 

Mine are good but not blinding white. Smiley Sad

I always wanted blinding white teeth.

Even if it looks fake.Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Whitest Teeth

[ Edited ]

My neighbor takes pride in his big, white bleached teeth and does it every single day, or so he says.  I think he buys the whitener by the truck load, and life would come to a screeching halt if he ran out of it.  He's always flashing that big, ultra white smile, which almost has that celestial twinkle when he opens his mouth.  He's a great neighbor.  I just need to prepare my eyes when he smiles.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I can't speak to veneers, or multiple caps, but dentists do their utmost, with patients who have partials, bridges or dentures, to encourage them to NOT get ultra-white teeth, as they know how fake it looks.

IMO if someone leaves a good, reputable dentist's office with snow white teeth, it's because they insisted on a color dentists would not recommend. But, it's their money.

Many of the teeth whitening products, even supposed "dentist-approved" ones, damage your enamel over time. It pays to be very careful how many times one elects to do it. It also tends to make teeth very sensitive - or, if your teeth are already sensitive, the process/substance can be as painful as Laurence Olivier with Dustin Hoffman in Marathon Man. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all