Honored Contributor

I can tell when my UPS driver is off

I knew my Air fryer as well as a few items would be delivered today, I heard him drop and run, meaning leave at the foot of my stairs, I ran down and yelled for him, telling him deliveries are supposed to be to the door, not the lobby. The items were bulky and heavy. He was not happy and kept saying oh I don't want to block the door, I call bs, he is just to lazy to walk the flight of stairs. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: I can tell when my UPS driver is off

I have no trouble with UPS, but FEDX always leaves my packages on my side porch. When the boxes are heavy this is a pain. The front porch is closer, so I don't get it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I recently had a package delivered by USPS on Sunday, so it was a different driver.  They left my packages (several large ones) at my garage instead of my front door.  I have a front porch, and that's obviously where they should go.  I was very frustrated that I had to drag them through the garage and into the house.  I saw that same driver deliver a package to my neighbor across the street.  Their garage door was open, and he literally threw the package into the garage.

Another time my package was left right in front of my door, and I couldn't get the door opened.  I had to go out through the garage and move the box, go back inside and open the door.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

My guys are kinder.  They dont block my door and if i hear them coming they will bring in for me.  

Honored Contributor

I don't know about the other two services, but if you sign up even for the free UPS My Choice account you can specify where you want packages left. 

I always know when my regular letter carrier is off. One substitute delivered a large clothing Lands End package in my mailbox that should have been brought to the door. The mailbox has the door on the back too, and the mail was all over the ground. Bills, private financial and medical stuff. I had to complain about that because it's a privacy and identity issue. It's clear that it's one of those boxes with a door on the back as well, there's only one kind that I know of with that feature.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I went through that garbage when we lived in a condo that was on the 3rd floor.  It was a nightmare and it was one of the reasons why we sold that and bought one in the same complex (that we love) that is first floor unit.   Omg!  P.O, Ups, Fedex....they all would either leave my packages in the inside lobby near the mailboxes or they would ring the doorbell and say "I have a package for you".  The only Ups driver who came up the stairs and was pleasant about it was my regular guy who I had for years.  He actually lives in the neighborhood and we see each other around town.  I was in trouble whenever he took a day off.   There was an intercom but they would click off before I could say "bring it up please".  And then when Ups started those Access Points, Ups and Fedex just took my packages there.  The post office would often lie and say I wasn't home and then I would have to pick packages up on a Saturday morning.  Which I didn't mind because hubby was home.  Totally different once I was on a first floor, such a relief and I'm getting what I pay for....home delivery.

Honored Contributor

I have a wonderful UPS man but yesterday the UPS (a different guy showed up at almost 8:00 pm).  He looked pooped out and I mentioned to him that he was really late not sarcastically but concerned.  Generally, in my area, the guys work really hard and my regular guy is a gem.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

My regular UPS guy is great also, though there has been an occasion or two when packages were right in front of my door, making it a bit challenging to open the door.  But I can't complain because he's great so much more of the time.  He does come as late at 8PM, but that's usually when they double up his route.  He's about the most even-tempered person I've ever met.  And I'm always amused by him in the winter.....he wears bermuda shorts in the dead of winter.  Says it's easier to get in and out of the truck.  It has to be bitter, bitter, bitter cold for him to don the long pants!!!

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I knew my Air fryer as well as a few items would be delivered today, I heard him drop and run, meaning leave at the foot of my stairs, I ran down and yelled for him, telling him deliveries are supposed to be to the door, not the lobby. The items were bulky and heavy. He was not happy and kept saying oh I don't want to block the door, I call bs, he is just to lazy to walk the flight of stairs. 

@I am still oxox  I have been told by UPS that drivers are told that packages are to hit the ground, not go to the front door unless they hve to be signed for.  Times have changed.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I went through that garbage when we lived in a condo that was on the 3rd floor.  It was a nightmare and it was one of the reasons why we sold that and bought one in the same complex (that we love) that is first floor unit.   Omg!  P.O, Ups, Fedex....they all would either leave my packages in the inside lobby near the mailboxes or they would ring the doorbell and say "I have a package for you".  The only Ups driver who came up the stairs and was pleasant about it was my regular guy who I had for years.  He actually lives in the neighborhood and we see each other around town.  I was in trouble whenever he took a day off.   There was an intercom but they would click off before I could say "bring it up please".  And then when Ups started those Access Points, Ups and Fedex just took my packages there.  The post office would often lie and say I wasn't home and then I would have to pick packages up on a Saturday morning.  Which I didn't mind because hubby was home.  Totally different once I was on a first floor, such a relief and I'm getting what I pay for....home delivery.

@chrystaltree  I have seven business days to retrieve packages from the access point.