Respected Contributor

Eclipse- did anyone experience first hand?

Where I am we only have 94% coverage - just got like early evening for a very short period of time.  I couldn't look across the room in the basement and see Sedona's face for awhile.  I really wish I could have experienced it in total darkness.  Anyone else have any effect in your area?  It was just beautiful when it passed the Tetons in Wyomng - wow!  I know some people aren't excited - but for me it is exciting. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Eclipse- did anyone experience first hand?

never got even close to dark here

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Where I am we only have 94% coverage - just got like early evening for a very short period of time.  I couldn't look across the room in the basement and see Sedona's face for awhile.  I really wish I could have experienced it in total darkness.  Anyone else have any effect in your area?  It was just beautiful when it passed the Tetons in Wyomng - wow!  I know some people aren't excited - but for me it is exciting. 

@hoosieroriginal  A partial, yard got much darker than usual, and now is normal again.

Respected Contributor

Chicago -

It got dark here, but it's been cloudy all day.  I can see it getting brighter now.

Honored Contributor

Atlanta. We're at peak right now. 98%.  It's pretty dark. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Wisconsin here. It was very cloudy and overcast all day, so it was gloomy looking but not very dark..........

Respected Contributor

It's pretty cloudy in southwest Michigan, so it got darker, but not totally dark. Fortunately with the clouds, I could get good, very quick glimpses of it with just my really dark sunglasses on...never more than a couple of seconds at a time. I pointed my phone at the general direction while looking at the ground and actually got a few decent pictures. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

North Georgia here and this is the coolest thing I have ever seen.
Honored Contributor

We had 90% eclipse here. The best way I can describe it is it was dark like it was when we had a lot of forest fires burning nearby and the smoke obscured the sun during the day. 

Trusted Contributor

I am in TN and I am at home alone today out in the country and I have to admit it was eerie.  We had total darkness for over two minutes.  The crickets and katydids started singing as it got dusky and they still are.  My neighbors dogs are still barking but mine slept through it.  The temp cooled off a few degrees but not the 10 that was predicted.  It is like dusk right now.  Very strange feeling that I felt!