Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Just curious, if you had to drop one of your streaming services which would you drop? I currently have HULU LIve TV, Amazon Prime, Netflix, and HBO MAX. I can't drop HULU since that's how I watch live tv, it would come down to Amazon Prime or Netflix. It costs me over $100 a month for all of them and that's without factoring in the Amazon Prime which I pay in one lump sum. Of all of them I hardly ever watch Amazon Prime so maybe that would go (I don't order that much from Amazon). 

@Jordan2 

MY ADVICE---  IF you or a member of your family is an NFL fan you need to keep Amazon Prime because that's where Thursday Night Football games will be shown, Bezos bought those rights so no more national NFL games will be broadcast on Thursdays on the regular networks.....If there's no NFL fan involved, my second choice would be Netflix... GOOD LUCK!

This is what's happening with many people that "cut the cord" and instead signed up for streaming services...The cost of all the streaming services are starting to add up, and many of the streaming services are also raising their prices too---just adding to the problem.....Pretty soon folks will be paying as much as cable when you include the cost of an internet service that is needed to support streaming...

@Spurt   The internet service can cost more than just one streaming service.  We've gone over this in our home many times and it still comes out costing more just because of the internet cost.

Grrr.

@Cakers3 

Yep, including internet cost it would cost me $35 more a month to get the channels I want, plus live sports (my NBA Spurs have an exclusive contract with Ballysports only on cable) 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

We have the DirecTV premier package and decided that's enough viewing options for us.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 

Sorry, I can't help. Everything I stream, which is very little, is free. 

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

We have no streaming services nor will we ever.  There is enough to watch on free television, and twice a year our cable service gives us a week of free premium channels.

I would rather spend my money on QVC jewelry!

Honored Contributor

I don't stream---have no idea how to do it! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Which Would You Drop

[ Edited ]

Amazon Prime has a special price yearly membership for those with low income. Netflix has more than one price, depending on the number of TVs. You can call and might be able to lower your costs. You can also get HBO MAX as an add on to your Hulu wcccount for $15 a month."Amazon offers cheaper plans for families that receive some form of public assistance, whether it is food stamps, Section 8, disability payments, or any other form of financial aid. Find more details on the discounted Amazon Prime program." Quoted from Amazon website

Honored Contributor

Why not drop them all and see which ones you miss? You can easily sign back up if that happens.

You'll have access to Amazon Prime video for as long as your Prime membership is good.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt I get internet from Verizon Fios and signed up for HULU Live which is $69.99 a month. I get network and a decent selection of cable channels live. It comes out cheaper for me than if I had ordered cable from Verizon. If I'm being honest I like getting my tv from Verizon better but I had no choice.