Honored Contributor

Re: Which Camp Are You In

[ Edited ]

I don't see that scenario as being a miracle, and I also don't think that if something is a miracle, there is a "camp" to be in.

The original post is not based on like and/or related events so logically there can be no answer.  In other words, if there are "camps" to be in, then the scenarios must describe a miracle and then the opposite of a miracle.  

I doubt there is such a thing as the opposite of a miracle.  

Right place/right time as opposed to wrong place/wrong time could be "camps."  Bringing "miracle" into the matter just muddies the waters - no matter who used the term for the former event.  Just because that is what some termed it, doesn't make it so.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Years ago on one of the daytimes shows they had a man  on who had been traveling to a city he had never been to before  He went into a McDonalds and a little kid starting choking, he did Heimlich and saved her. They brought her out too. Everyone in audiance said it was a miracle.

OK, what if this happened.

Same scenerio, he walked in same McDonaldsin the same strange city  and he got killed during a robbery.  People  wouldn't be calling it a miracle. People would say he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

What camp are you,  miracle or right place at right time.

I'm right place at right time camp.  There are a ton of unexplained things in life but I'm not ready to say miracles.

Right place, right time.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

... He saved her, and she grew up to be a human trafficker who trained and sold children to be sex slaves to pervs.

... He stopped that bullet, and a nurse, and loving mother of four adopted disabled children wasn't shot.

I've lived long enough to know better and see furthur than "either/or" choices.

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach  Obviously camp was a poor coice of words. As to bringing miracle into it that was not my choice of words but what the show host and the audiance callled it. I only asked what it would be if something bad had happened.

Honored Contributor

I do not believe in miracles  a man upstairs, or such. ....I do believe we create our reality with our preceptions  and what we choose to believe. 

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

... He saved her, and she grew up to be a human trafficker who trained and sold children to be sex slaves to pervs.

... He stopped that bullet, and a nurse, and loving mother of four adopted disabled children wasn't shot.

I like these extra layers. Sounds like the basis of an intriguing television series, @x Hedge

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

I like these extra layers. Sounds like the basis of an intriguing television series, @x Hedge

@x Hedge@GingerPeach,  Reminiscent of the film, “It’s a Wonderful Life.”

😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge  I can't see into the future but I'll play along,

I swerve to miss a deer slam into a tree, car bursts into flames and I'm toast, the deer goes on to be star of a live action Bambi.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I do not believe in miracles  a man upstairs, or such. ....I do believe we create our reality with our preceptions  and what we choose to believe. 

@SeaMaiden

If there is actually a "higher power",  I seriously doubt it is male ... or female, for that matter.   

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@x Hedge  I can't see into the future but I'll play along,

I swerve to miss a deer slam into a tree, car bursts into flames and I'm toast, the deer goes on to be star of a live action Bambi.

Ok, I'll play too.

So, as a toddler, your great grandpa used his little red toy shovel with the fawn decal to bury the acorn that grew into the big oak you slammed into.

And his dad watered, pruned, and encouraged that tree for decades, always with fond memories of watching his son proudly patting the little mound of soil.

You introduced a philosophical situation in your OP. But you've pre-labled one scenario as "good" and the other as "bad".

I'm saying it's not that straightforward, but I'm not sure there's room for a philosophical run at the topic in these forums.