Esteemed Contributor

Years ago on one of the daytimes shows they had a man  on who had been traveling to a city he had never been to before  He went into a McDonalds and a little kid starting choking, he did Heimlich and saved her. They brought her out too. Everyone in audiance said it was a miracle.

OK, what if this happened.

Same scenerio, he walked in same McDonaldsin the same strange city  and he got killed during a robbery.  People  wouldn't be calling it a miracle. People would say he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

What camp are you,  miracle or right place at right time.

I'm right place at right time camp.  There are a ton of unexplained things in life but I'm not ready to say miracles.

Honored Contributor

I absolutely positively do believe in miracles.  God has blessed us with them  in my lifetime. 

Honored Contributor

The right person just coincidentally happened to be in the place where he was needed.  I believe there are miracles in this world but they are few and far between.  That situation was not a miracle.

Honored Contributor

I really can't say I'm in either "camp".   Both of these things happen every day in this country.

Honored Contributor

Re: Which Camp Are You In

[ Edited ]

I think my husband is a miracle. One December 1, 2018, my husband walked up a mountain. He felt ill and pain when he got to the top. And lost his breakfast. So he walked down the mountain. He was in such pain that when he got to the bottom of the mountain, he laid on the ground.

My husband was unable to contact his buddy via walkie talkie because his buddy did not have his walkie talkie turned on.

A stranger happened to see my husband and drove my husband back to the cabin. Fortunately, another buddy was at the cabin and drove next door to a neighbor who had a land line. Cell phones don't work in that area.

The neighbor called an ambulance. The ambulance took my husband to the hospital. They immediately operated on him and inserted a stent into his 100%  blocked artery.

Two day later my husband had heart attack #2. Fortunately he was in the hospital, so they performed CPR and paddled him with a defibrillator for 4 minutes until he became conscious.

So many events worked in his favor. On a Saturday morning how many heart surgeons are at the small local hospital. The town is in upstate Pennsylvania near the New York border. The fact that my husband encountered a stranger at the bottom of a mountain. And someone was home at the cabin to go call for help. 

It was all a miracle to me. And he is out today enjoying lunch with his brothers.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Which Camp Are You In

[ Edited ]

Sounds like either you are a believer or you are not a believer. Is that the real question you are asking @CrazyKittyLvr2?  If so, I'm not participating in this discussion since it goes against the rules of the Forum. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

So glad to hear your husband's OK after all that, @drizzellla.  Wonderful!

Honored Contributor

I believe in miracles but I also believe there is a time to live and a time to die.  If it's your time....it's your time.

Honored Contributor

Far from a miracle, just good luck. A miracle is something that cannot be explained, that should not happen.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I believe in miracles but I also believe there is a time to live and a time to die.  If it's your time....it's your time.

@jubilant  I agree but:

in the case of the man being killed at McD's-I question if it was his time.

I think our time is destined; that we have tasks to accomplish before our time is up.

When another person interferes with that destiny, such as killing another human being, then it is quite possible that the universal plan for the victim was distrupted-that whatever accomplishments he might have attained for the good of himself, his family, the world-will now not come to pass.

i don't think it was a miracle that the little child was saved; I believe it wasn't her time and he was placed there to make sure whatever destiny that child has will continue.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh