Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1wrote:

@qbetzforrealwrote:

QVCdotcom becomes secure when you are placing an order.  When you are browsing, a third party can see what you're looking at. 

The forums are secure.

@QVCkitty1

I get that, however shouldn't the lock appear when you are making an order or accessing your account ?

It should be for security purposes.  Why it is not, is probably for marketing purpose.  Tracking and looking at trends. I clicked on the lock with yellow triangle and got thed message that the connection is not secure.  That parts of the page are not secure, (such as the image).  @QVCkitty1

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforrealwrote:

@QVCkitty1wrote:

@qbetzforrealwrote:

QVCdotcom becomes secure when you are placing an order.  When you are browsing, a third party can see what you're looking at. 

The forums are secure.

@QVCkitty1

I get that, however shouldn't the lock appear when you are making an order or accessing your account ?

It should be for security purposes.  Why it is not, is probably for marketing purpose.  Tracking and looking at trends. I clicked on the lock with yellow triangle and got thed message that the connection is not secure.  That parts of the page are not secure, (such as the image).  @QVCkitty1

@qbetzforreal, thanks for your reply.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

One thing you CAN do here is to click on that 'i' (where there would otherwise be a lock) and see the dropdown that shows all the cookies that they are putting on your computer.

Block and delete all the ones that are not QVC.  There will be quite a few that they are putting on your computer, if you are letting them, that have absolutely nothing to do with your  visit here.   

Once you delete and block all the ones that shouldn't be there, they won't be able to get in again with subsequent visits.

But every now and then I check it again because sometimes they add new ones.  This is one way they make money with the board/website - all those additional cookies/trackers pay for the site AND make your information available to many others to whom they sell the information.

Bottom line - be aware.   This is a good rule for life in general.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt

Just where is that  I that I could click on?

Help please.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor
Drythe wrote:

chickenbutt

Just where is that  I that I could click on?

Help please.

In the address bar to the extreme left, just before 'https..."

Honored Contributor

Re: Where is the lock ?

[ Edited ]

Mine has a exclamation point by the lock.

Honored Contributor

I get the lock when I go into my account.

I don't however get an "i" to the extreme left no matter what I am on the board.

Honored Contributor

@missy1wrote:

Mine has a exclamation point by the lock.

That's what I thought at first glance.  Upon magnifed inspection, I realized it is a lower-case "i".

Honored Contributor

I use automated ordering via phone.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986