Honored Contributor

Re: Where are the hosts???

[ Edited ]

Everytime I flip channels and take a peek at QVC its always the same---David, Jane T., Shawn, Kerstin and Amy....Except for David, the others are hosts I do NOT enjoy watching and grab my remote and flip right on by....Couple of the new hosts are also channel changers, sadly they don't know the products they are presenting, just the same ole tired sales pitch and it's all about them and their unrelated personal stories....

51b1ElpnRkL._SY450_.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

Yes, some host rotations have changed, but some hosts are on the same time, same days. Recently saw Pat on at 7AM but hey I like Pat so took it as a nice surprise. MBR has been on the am, which you never used to see. Some of it may be due to programming - hosts may request certain days/times. Isaac is usually on with Jen or Shawn - I think QVC, now that QVC2 exists(I can now get it on my cable) give a host a four hour shift and perhaps they will appear LIVE on both channels. I just use my remote to see what I want - I haven't watched all day like I used to in the 90's when I was a relocated spouse, just getting to know the new state, etc.

Also, it appears that the hosts who had gotten stuck if you will on QVC2 forever now have been on QVC main more. Happy to see Nancy and some others - back on main channel.

As the saying goes, variety is the spice of life. If the hosts on QVC are the biggest compaint in your life, count your blessings.......

Honored Contributor

I agree, variety IS the spice of life... So when QVC pretty much stopped offering it, given the merchandise presented, I pretty much stopped watching... Variety among the same handful of largely unwatchable hosts doesn't count for much...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Courtney Webb, one of the newest hosts, is just back from a week’s vacation.  She posted today on her IG page, “let’s get shopping.”  

Does she not know QVC went into five hours of pre-recorded shows? According to the Program Guide, she’s not scheduled this entire week.  That could change, but it’s so odd. Those overnight hosts were either never given much notice of the change, or she is just not paying attention.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Everytime I flip channels and take a peek at QVC its always the same---David, Jane T., Shawn, Kerstin and Amy....Except for David, the others are hosts I do NOT enjoy watching and grab my remote and flip right on by....Couple of the new hosts are also channel changers, sadly they don't know the products they are presenting, it's all a sales pitch and it's all about them and their unrelated personal stories....

51b1ElpnRkL._SY450_.jpg

------------------

@Spurt 

I would add Rachel to your list!!  I rarely watch this channel anymore.  I click in and depending on host and/or products, change channel immediately.  This is definitely not the old QVC of the past.....

Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

QVC has hired new faces while the existing hosts are barely on air. There are current hosts who are literally on air 1x weekly (others maybe 1-2x's) if that! And, now since they have discontinued overnight shifts (for now), they aren't in need of additional people. 

It just seems odd. How are hosts being paid when many are less than part-time?

@Tinkerbell3 

have you checked out the other THREE channels to check out the hosts?

QVC2 has both new and repeat shows

QVC3 has repeat shows

THE Q HOLIDAY CHANNEL has new and repeat shows

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I can't stand most of the host that are on now - Shawn is just too fake, Kerstin, ugh.  And, I don't understand all the "reruns".   I don't watch enough to know what they are doing, but from some of the posts, it appears that the powers to be don't know what they are doing either.  

I will say though, years ago - many years ago, by this time, I had almost completed my Christmas shopping thanks to the new and beautiful products QVC once offered.  

Not sure, but it appears that VPH had a one and done Christmas show.  What's up with that???  

All very disappointing.  I guess that's why I rarely watch these days.  I just browse other shopping sites. 

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

I can't stand most of the host that are on now - Shawn is just too fake, Kerstin, ugh.  And, I don't understand all the "reruns".   I don't watch enough to know what they are doing, but from some of the posts, it appears that the powers to be don't know what they are doing either.  

I will say though, years ago - many years ago, by this time, I had almost completed my Christmas shopping thanks to the new and beautiful products QVC once offered.  

Not sure, but it appears that VPH had a one and done Christmas show.  What's up with that???  

All very disappointing.  I guess that's why I rarely watch these days.  I just browse other shopping sites. 

@Georgiagrama 

Valerie has been on and off with her decor since Christmas in July......and the shows in October were her big finale....

You are so right, QVC used to have so many unique gifts and my family/friends/co-workers were all very happy and pleased and still use them and/or wear them today.....Now QVC has stuff you see everywhere the only difference is QVC gives you Easy Pay....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Over and over I'll try to order something and get put on hold (even ordering automatically) I often eventually hang up.

Sometimes I have my home phone and my cell phone dialing and waiting and waiting at the same time.

Sometimes when I finally get through.....the phone takers/orders can't find the address of the people/person I'm sending the item(s) to.....

Sometimes I just give up.  It's not like these same people are not in my 'address book'.  

It totally depends on who's answering at QVC.  I don't think it's their fault, I think they aren't trained well.  Sometimes out of frustration they almost admit that.

Just yesterday, a phone answerer said, "We are going through changes in the company.....I'm sorry."

Honored Contributor

Over and over I'll try to order something and get put on hold (even ordering automatically) I often eventually hang up.

Sometimes I have my home phone and my cell phone dialing and waiting and waiting at the same time.

Sometimes when I finally get through.....the phone takers/orders can't find the address of the people/person I'm sending the item(s) to.....

Sometimes I just give up.  It's not like these same people are not in my 'address book'.  

It totally depends on who's answering at QVC.  I don't think it's their fault, I think they aren't trained well.  Sometimes out of frustration they almost admit that.

Just yesterday, a phone answerer said, "We are going through changes.  I'm sorry."