Respected Contributor

QVC has hired new faces while the existing hosts are barely on air. There are current hosts who are literally on air 1x weekly (others maybe 1-2x's) if that! And, now since they have discontinued overnight shifts (for now), they aren't in need of additional people. 

It just seems odd. How are hosts being paid when many are less than part-time?

Honored Contributor

Methinks the guys and girls with their MBAs who run QVC are a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I'm confused. I've said (and several others have also said) that every time I turn QVC on I keeping seeing the same host (David & Jane for example). David was on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and will be on again today. And Jane has been on a couple of times for "show shopping". When are you watching that you see the new emploees?

Contributor

I have been wondering also.  I usually only watch in wee hours of the morning while I’m preparing for the day.  I used to see new hosts all the time.. I haven’t seen them once since they stopped the overnight shows.  I wonder if some have been “dismissed “.

Occasional Contributor

QVC is turning into the other shopping channels with previously recorded shows being run A LOT!  The overnight hours are recorded on main, along with recorded shows on/off daily on other two.  I am tired of seeing the sone old shows/products over and over!

How about new gift products for the holidays? Values are not any better than online shopping these days.... 

Contributor

We can only hope they've been dismissed.  Some of them are just awful.  They project insincerely like it's their job.

Honored Contributor

I must be watching at a different time than you, because I'm finding the opposite.

Last night a "current host" was presenting the Q2 Big Deal, then a few hours later the same host was on the main QVC channel presenting the TSV.

Respected Contributor

Repeats, repeats, repeats. Hardly any new shows. Boring.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pixie mom wrote:

QVC is turning into the other shopping channels with previously recorded shows being run A LOT!  The overnight hours are recorded on main, along with recorded shows on/off daily on other two.  I am tired of seeing the sone old shows/products over and over!

How about new gift products for the holidays? Values are not any better than online shopping these days.... 

When they started presenting the "flashlights"..."humidifiers"......"throws" "oversized sweatshirts" "poo poo pourri"etc......i realized we were already in QVC Holiday mode............it is the same every year....

next it will be tons of beauty products, philosophy, Josie, 

IT , Wen, beauty tools, etc.........then a week or two before the holidays they start showing fashion jewelry and other types of jewelry...................then in Jan/Feb

it is alot of exercise equipment, Nutrisystem, healthy 

you products.....................

Esteemed Contributor

It seems to me that whenever I flip over to QVC, it's a new host that I've never seen before.  How many new hosts are there?!!?   I miss some of the long-time hosts that I'm comfortable with.  Or I'm watching at the wrong times (ya think?). 

We're early risers here and I usually turn on QVC in the early, early mornings.  Now it's nothing but reruns, so I don't watch.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt