Esteemed Contributor

I'll stay right where I am in NE PA. Our Gov. is trying his best to keep the numbers down.

This pandemic has, if nothing else, has made me realize which states I will never step foot in, even after this is over, if it ever is.  I am mortified by some of the do nothing, let it run wild governors.

I feel terrible for the medical personnel dealing with the sheer amount of sickness and death in some of these places.

Esteemed Contributor

I have always said you can take me out of New England but you can't take the New England out of me...........therefore I would never leave.........mountains and ocean all within a cars drive, who could ask for more?

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I'll stay right where I am in NE PA. Our Gov. is trying his best to keep the numbers down.

This pandemic has, if nothing else, has made me realize which states I will never step foot in, even after this is over, if it ever is.  I am mortified by some of the do nothing, let it run wild governors.

I feel terrible for the medical personnel dealing with the sheer amount of sickness and death in some of these places.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 ,  Well said, I feel the same way.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

If you could take a 1 year lease on a place in the continental US where would you go?

Your two goals would be to avoid the virus and to be kind of close to a hospital which you hope will not be overwhelmed.

I'm good right where I am on those goals. Although if things get worse in my state, I may do curbside pickup, something I've avoided thus far. Cat Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Most people aren't cut out for living that remote.

I once looked at a beautiful property in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. No street address, only gps coordinates. No mail service, you get a PO box in town. 

No UPS, no FedEx. Satellite service for tv and cell. You may need to drive to town to make a call. Propane was a portable tank you load on a pick up and take into town to fill. Wood heat for a backup. 

Respected Contributor

@Snowpuppy I couldn't do that.

Honored Contributor

Maybe somewhere out in the country though I'm in a relatively lower incidence area here so I'll just stay put where I can at least have groceries delivered. 

Honored Contributor

A condo near the ocean in a nearby state that has lower population density.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

I would stay where I am in Maryland, even though we are spiking a bit.

We have strong leaders, especially our county executive, and some of the best hospitals and doctors in the world.

I can find almost everything I could ever need or want a very short distance away.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

I literally need to stay where I am. My doctor is head of St. Francis Cardiology and he saved my life. He is the same doctor that saved Susan Lucci and living near him gives me a lot of hope for my future....