Honored Contributor

Where Did Everyone Get Their Masks

I have seen most everyone wearing a mask. These are mostly the type of masks people in the medical field wear. I can't beg, borrow, or steal a mask, which begs the question, where are they getting them? Maybe they ordered long ago when we were told we didn't have to wear them. I had to buy cloth masks from Etsy, I'm still waiting for them.

Respected Contributor

Re: Where Did Everyone Get Their Masks

Unless it got deleted, there is a whole thread on this subject. 

Honored Contributor

We have 2 N-99 that my hubby got post 9-11 he worked downtown and then I accumulates 3 medical masks over the past few years

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I made mine out of a bandanna and 2 big rubber bands.  I followed Dr. Gupta's instructions on CNN.

Honored Contributor

I have lung disease and bought some N95 masks as soon as this thing started rearing it's ugly head, at WalMart or Walgreens.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I made mine.  Lots of instructions online

Honored Contributor

My husband is a boat mechanic so he already had a handful of the N95 masks.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

A friend sent me 2 homemade and I ordered some from Etsy.

i have an order coming on Monday from Amazon for 50 disposable blue masks.  I paid too much for them, but I have no desire to drive all over looking for something I won't be able to find. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Amazon, but delivery takes forever.

Esteemed Contributor

I already had some 3M masks in my storage closet.  I bought a box about a year ago to wear while refinishing a piece of furniture and when I'm doing yard work because I have allergies.  Most of the year I don't wear a mask in the yard, but it helps when the pollen count is very high. 

Before I buy a cloth mask, I'll make one like the surgeon general and others on YouTube have demonstrated by using cloth/bandana and rubber bands.