Honored Contributor

Re: When this is over, will you change the way you stock your home?

[ Edited ]

I buy paper products at Costco about three times a year so always have enough. I have been using up a lot of what I already had on hand, like canned goods, I just ordered sourdough bread, eggs, bananas, and milk. I have enough other things in my pantry or freezer  to make enough meals for quite a while. Only real shortage was DH's coffee. Finally found one bag of it and hope can locate ore online.

Respected Contributor

When this is over I don’t think I will take anything for granted again.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

THIS experience will forever change my outlook on life in SO MANY WAYS. I will never be the same. 

@SeaMaiden 

All I can say W/O getting poofed is  ITA  100%.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

No, I will not change a thing. I have not been shopping since March 13 and I still am doing fine. My freezer is still full. 

I am always well stocked. I buy items when they are on instant coupon at Sam's and Costco. I also normally shop at Aldi's every other week, unless there is something they have on sale that I need.

Now, after all of this is over, I may need to buy larger than normal amounts of food and household products just to replenish.

Esteemed Contributor

No, I am the shopper of the family and I always have enough

paper towels, wipes, toilet paper, shampoo, tissues, detergent

etc, on hand.

We have the storage space luckily so we are good with

everything right now. I have offered a helping hand to a few

people so far if they need anything.

Respected Contributor

No,I always have backups of backups.  I have developed an affinity for hand sanitizer.

Respected Contributor

I should be making a list of the things I am finding useful to fix, recipes that contain easily accessible products, and staples that I have turned to.  I

Honored Contributor

This type of situation reinforces the very reason I stock this house the way I do, so I will continue with my normal routine. 

Honored Contributor

@Warrior2022 wrote:

I will.  I will never be without flour again!  I was going to make banana bread, no flour.  Finally ordered some from King Arthur directly.  By the time it gets here, the bananas will be long gone.

I will definately keep my TP and papertowels on monthly delivery from amazon.  I may add sanitizer to it, since we do use it.  

Gosh, I thought I would have more on my list.  I'm sure more will pop up later.

Freeze those bananas in the skin.The night before you want to bake put them in fridge.They will be the perfect mushy in the morning to bake your bread.

Honored Contributor

No I have no desire to "stock up" after realizing by "shopping in my own pantries & freezer" I actually buy too much 😉.

I've gone to the store to just pick up the essentials: milk, bread and fresh vegetables.

Thankful I haven't been in situations other have needing really essential items.  Living in FL you learn to have extras (not hoarding level) on hand due hurricanes!

And for sure another thing I don't need anything for my home, decor, clothing, etc. that I used to shop for before!