Valued Contributor

Re: When this is over, will you change the way you stock your home?

@luvmybeetle wrote:

I will do mostly the same since I keep a little more stock anyway.  I don't like to keep going in and out so much anyway so I keep a few things on hand to make just in case.  The only thing we don't do a way overstock is toilet paper!  I usually only buy rye bread and we haven't been able to find any lately.  Now is the time I wish I would have bought a bread maker.

HA!  I looked today on Amazon and Bed Bath and Beyond, many models are sold out!  I will be buying one too when able!

Honored Contributor

No.  We always have about a week's worth of food.  No need to "stock up."

Honored Contributor

We have a hurricane plan and so that was in place, also have TP, Kleenex, and PT delivered monthly in bulk from Amazon.  With a large empty attic, and walk-in pantry we have plenty space.  Not much change, except for sheltering in place.

Other things have been eye-opening. 👁 👁 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Though we're usually well stocked on paper products, going forward I will make sure to have atleast a months worth as backup.I will also buy more beef & chicken for the freezer.

I agree with @SeaMaiden  I will never be the same again. My entire life has been upended.My comfort zone has eroded.I will never be able to look forward to anything without wondering when the other shoe is going to drop.

Esteemed Contributor

@Warrior2022 wrote:

I will.  I will never be without flour again!  I was going to make banana bread, no flour.  Finally ordered some from King Arthur directly.  By the time it gets here, the bananas will be long gone.

I will definately keep my TP and papertowels on monthly delivery from amazon.  I may add sanitizer to it, since we do use it.  

Gosh, I thought I would have more on my list.  I'm sure more will pop up later.

freeze those over-ripe bananas!!  they'll be safe in the freezer waiting for the flour!!

Honored Contributor

@Warrior2022 

I haven’t needed to buy anything yet. And I don’t stock up on things other than a few pounds of meat in the freezer.

Ask me in 6 months when we are all sheltering at home and “this” is not over yet.

Honored Contributor

Now that I know how humanity reacts to these situations, I'll stock extra TP and hand soap beyond what I normally do.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

yes! I will keep an abundance of cat litter.

Whoa. They really that out of TP where you live? Woman Wink

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I'll make sure I have 1 unopened container of wipes, 1 extra bottle of hand sanitizer and 1 extra can of Lysol.

I want to get extra frozen vegetables next time we go out to the supermarket.

Honored Contributor

No changes for me. I keep things stocked because I live where shtick happens....like really bad weather. I was raised as a military brat so staying prepared comes as second nature.