Valued Contributor

When this is over, will you change the way you stock your home?

I will.  I will never be without flour again!  I was going to make banana bread, no flour.  Finally ordered some from King Arthur directly.  By the time it gets here, the bananas will be long gone.

I will definately keep my TP and papertowels on monthly delivery from amazon.  I may add sanitizer to it, since we do use it.  

Gosh, I thought I would have more on my list.  I'm sure more will pop up later.

Honored Contributor

Re: When this is over, will you change the way you stock your home?

@Warrior2022 wrote:

I will.  I will never be without flour again!  I was going to make banana bread, no flour.  Finally ordered some from King Arthur directly.  By the time it gets here, the bananas will be long gone.

I will definately keep my TP and papertowels on monthly delivery from amazon.  I may add sanitizer to it, since we do use it.  

Gosh, I thought I would have more on my list.  I'm sure more will pop up later.

I don't use a lot of flour, so I have a canister of bread and AP flour, but I can't find yeast. I have one packet that I'm saving for when I want to make a loaf in my machine. I really missed frozen broccoli, but I scored some today, along with fresh.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I will do mostly the same since I keep a little more stock anyway.  I don't like to keep going in and out so much anyway so I keep a few things on hand to make just in case.  The only thing we don't do a way overstock is toilet paper!  I usually only buy rye bread and we haven't been able to find any lately.  Now is the time I wish I would have bought a bread maker.

Honored Contributor

No, since we always enough so no immediate shortages.  I always have plenty of baking supplies since I like to bake.  We have never even came close to being without paper toeerls or TP.

Honored Contributor

I'll make some changes but I almost always stock things pretty well. As luck would have it, I wasn't able to get out in the weeks just prior to this situation so was caught without things I'd usually have had plenty of on hand. I guess what that says to me is even given the best of intentions, there is really no absolute capacity to plan particularly well for some things.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

THIS experience will forever change my outlook on life in SO MANY WAYS. I will never be the same. 

Honored Contributor

No change here.  We always stay well stocked on necessities.  We did not have to rush out to buy TP & paper towels because we alway pick them up when at Costco (well, as long as we storage).  We also stay stocked up on coffee, tea bags, sugar, flour, laundry detergent, etc.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

No, because I have always kept a pantry.  I always have one extra of the basic items I use in everyday cooking.  I always have dry milk too.  We have a freezer for meats and a shelf in the basement for some extra cleaning and paper products.  I do not hoard but I always have one extra.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

yes! I will keep an abundance of cat litter.

Honored Contributor

No.  Things are in pretty good shape here.