Honored Contributor

My daughter is sick and tested positive for Covid-19. Her husband and my two grandchildren have varying symptoms that indicate the virus; in fact, best guess is that my daughter contracted it from my 16-year-old grandson, who was the first to show symptoms.

They seem to be coping well, although it does linger. My grandson presented with a fever again yesterday.

Ironically, my daughter, who is in-house counsel for a large aerospace company, has been frantically trying to wake them up to this crisis. It wasn't easy. Now she is part of the task force -- from home, of course. She and my son-in-law have been working at home for a couple weeks now, and the children's schools are closed.

My husband and I are still processing this news. We just hope that they continue to recover without any problems.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 I'm so sorry to hear this.  Your daughter and her family will be in my prayers.  🌷🙏

Honored Contributor

Re: When it hits home

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3, thank you for sharing this. If it helps even one person to understand that this is real and can not be taken lightly, it is a great service. I just wish everyone would follow the guidelines as this is so easily transmitted it seems. 

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 , I'm so sorry. Praying for a speedy recovery for your family Heart

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 

I am sorry to read this.  I send my best wishes for a complete and uneventful recovery and less stress for all of you.

(((hugs)))

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3  yes - thank you so much for sharing this.  I am so sorry and I wish your daughter and her family a swift and full recovery. Heart

Honored Contributor

Wish them a speedy recover.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3  Adding my wishes for your family’s complete recovery. I can only imagine how distraught you must be. 

Respected Contributor

So sorry to hear this, @suzyQ3. Best wishes to your whole family.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: When it hits home

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3, I am most sorry your daughter and her family are going through this.  And I can certainly empathize with all your concerns.  It sounds as though their illness can be handled at home, which is a positive.  No matter how hard we all try,

we all can be victims.  I will pray for you and your DD and her family for a quick and complete recovery.  All my best wishes.