Honored Contributor

Yet another reminder: Heed my daughter's philosopy now -- everyone is a potential carrier.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

She was so wise to cancel her cleaning service.

Respected Contributor

Praying for a complete recovery for everyone involved and also that you and your husband are not infected.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 :  I am so sorry to hear about your DD and family.  Best wishes for their recovery and also for you as you cope with this.

Honored Contributor

Re: When it hits home

[ Edited ]

We need a better test for this virus. The CDC is not releasing the number of false-negatives and that really bothers me. Plus the fact that even though you test negative doesn't mean you don't have the virus inside you. If the virus is there then it might be there in small numbers too small to be detected. I think this why some of some people are spreading the virus unknowingly...because they think they are 'negative' and they go about their day like normal. I read in one article, don't ask where, it said the accuracy of the current cv test is about 97% which means 3 out of 100 people tested will have a false-negative test result.

Respected Contributor

I'm very sad for your family, Suzy.  You must be worried sick, yourself.  Not long ago we were led to believe that kids were not likely to catch it, if only that were so.  The important thing is that each of them fully recover soon, my most heartfelt wish.

Honored Contributor

I am praying for you and your family. Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Hey Suz!  I'm so sorry to hear this and hope your daughter and her family will come out of this soon, as good as new.

Heart

Super Contributor

@suzyQ3 

I am so sorry to hear this. Thank you for sharing, and I admire your daughter's persistence in spreading awareness to her company! We need more people to speak up.

The owners of the music school where I teach were insistent upon staying open. I spoke up as did a few others, and refused to teach in person in a very small studio. Thankfully, this week, we are all teaching remotely from home. On the last day I was there physically, I was shocked when the owner told me that one of my students, whose mom is a surgeon, wouldn't be coming in. She then added that all of the students with parents in the healthcare field had canceled their lessons. I just blinked at her, like HELLO, WAKE UP!!! 

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 I ❤️ so many of your posts, it hurts to acknowledge this one. Adding my thoughts and good wishes for you and your family.