Respected Contributor

I was in schaumburg ill this weekend,shopping at woodfield mall and ikea.my family and I stayed at a home place 2.at first glance,everything looked fine.i had a full size fridge,nice micro,and bath.wow,couldn't believe this.when going to take a shower,I spotted ants all over bathroom floor and in shower.i took pictures to show the hotel manager.long story short,I was discounted my room.after leaving hotel for home,I thought to myself,for 174.00,this room should have been ant free,and I should have gotten room free.am I being unreasonable?

Honored Contributor

Did you request a different room from the manager?

Honored Contributor

I would have asked to change rooms as soon as I saw the ants.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

i would have asked to change rooms immediately.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

No, reasonable complaint. Good customer service to give you a discount although, I agree, deleting the room rental amount would've been better.

Always good to speak up.

Esteemed Contributor

It is unreasonable to expect to get the room for free.  You never gave them the opportunity to provide you with a different room so a discount is proper.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

Another vote to request a different room and making sure it had no signs of ants, etc.

Honored Contributor

About should hope you didn't bring any home with you.

Honored Contributor

As soon as I noticed the ants, I would have asked for and gotten a different room.

Esteemed Contributor

Asking for a different room would have been what I would have done.  

Check your things and make sure they are ant free so when you are home you don't bring them home.