Honored Contributor

Re: What would you do if you won Powerball???

Since my husband plays the lottery weekly, a big win is something we have talked about, and had fun with many times.   We would donate enough to several local charities to make them stable for a very long time; particularly the food banks, animal shelters, and veterans groups.   Both daughters would have their own homes, closer to their work, and we would help various family members who have financial struggles.  We would help the elderly residents in several area personal care homes, pay all the outstanding school lunch bills for every student in this area, and then sit back and enjoy every day as we do now.   I love everything about where I live now, and have no interest in living anywhere else, but my husband and daughters would truly enjoy a get away house near the beach---they would also like to do some traveling.   

Our vehicles are a 2013 and 2014, very low miles, and paid for, so I can't see us buying a new vehicle right away.   I would definitely buy myself a new laptop.   My husband and I are very content with where we are in life, and how we are living, so when we look at the idea of having a lot of money to spend, we still think in very basic, realistic terms.   It's hard for us to think about unlimited spending on ourselves.   

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I'd probably drop dead, though to be truthful, I'm not sure I can participate in my state.

Honored Contributor

Oh  I forgot one thing on my list:  HIRE A BUTLER.  He would answer the phone, go through the mail, keep household accounts, so the shopping and hire a maid. 

If I had only one household help choice, it would be the BUTLER.  I'd rather clean the toilet that mess with the phone, the door, and the mail!  

Esteemed Contributor

Buy a one floor house with no one around. Buy my kids new homes, pay for my grandkids colleges, give my kids and grandkids and sibling a lot of money, go to Italy, invest some and give A LOT to charities. Really I wouldnt want that much money for myself. It would make me nervous! Oh and my husband would retire early.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

YIKES!  It's over $800M now

Honored Contributor

I find it hard to fathom that many xeroes!

My house and car are paid off.  I love where I live so I would stay here.  I would buy a luxury car - maybe a Tesla or Mercedes 500 class.  I live on the West Coast so I would purchase an place in Manhattan so I could visit more often and attend plays, etc.  

I definitely would talk to my accountant.  I would arrange yearly gifts to my children and grandchildren.  I would definitely give donations to local charities.  There is a organization that I already donate to that helps foster children that would receive a large sum.  

I haven't really thought much about this because I don't purchase Lotto tickets!!

Respected Contributor

I would buy a nice home in a quiet area.

No sirens,car alarms,with no rappers or aspiring rappers lol! Smiley Very Happy

I am moving to a lovely town soon but I don't own the house.

Honored Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

I would buy a nice home in a quiet area.

No sirens,car alarms,with no rappers or aspiring rappers lol! Smiley Very Happy

I am moving to a lovely town soon but I don't own the house.

@Pqfan, I like your style!!  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Take  care of the legal stuff....

Then get a new small rv and drive. With that much money people will be coming out of the woodwork, and sometimes safety will be of concern. 

Honored Contributor

I would buy or have built a home someone in the US that has a right to die law.  Sounds morbid right off the bat?  Maybe but I'm of the age that I will not have the right to call it quits if things get that bad.  You know what I mean.

On a bright side, I've also have a place in the warmth 365, or at least 8 months.  Probably sell my current home.

I give generously to my sister - what she does with her share, I won't care.

I'd give to a couple/few of my fav charities but I'd pick and choose carefully, both human and animal.  This would also include some grand environmental things.

I'd strongly consider giving some to a few very close friends. 

I'd travel to figure out where my new homesteads would be.

I'd strongly consider giving to doing some great things where I live right now.

These would be a few of my favorite things.