Respected Contributor

Re: What to use to take urine smell out

There is a product called OdorXit that I can whole heartedly recommend.  It will remove odors, not just mask them.  

OdorXit can be purchased in some stores throughout the country, but if not yours, their website is their name.com and you can order there. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

If she hasn't been checked out by a vet lately, I would take her. As each of my three cats aged, their appearance started to wane and they developed hair matting, each of them were experiencing a physical problem.
Respected Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:
If she hasn't been checked out by a vet lately, I would take her. As each of my three cats aged, their appearance started to wane and they developed hair matting, each of them were experiencing a physical problem.

That's a good suggestion @Allegheny

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@newziesuzie wrote:

@Allegheny wrote:

I worry about cycistis, particularly in an older cat or perhaps even kidney problems. OP I know that is not what you asked about, but I just wanted to share my experiences. Better to have her checked out and get a clean bill of health then miss a potential health problem.
Honored Contributor

@halfpint1

Listerine (real thing or generic and use the gold colored one!) soak item (such as carpet) COMPLETELY.  

A high-end carpet cleaner told me that this is what they used until it became too expensive.

We used it on our beautiful new (at the time) carpet... soaked down to the foundation.  It works!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Seriously, if it was a sofa pillow, I'd just toss it out. 

The urine soaked through to the filling, it's not just on the outside material.

No way would I want that to remain in my house and on my couch.

Plus, they say pets can smell where they went before and may continue.  You don't want that to happen.

Respected Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@newziesuzie wrote:

@Allegheny wrote:

I worry about cycistis, particularly in an older cat or perhaps even kidney problems. OP I know that is not what you asked about, but I just wanted to share my experiences. Better to have her checked out and get a clean bill of health then miss a potential health problem.

I agree I'd rather err on the side of being 

too cautious.  Our little fur babies count on 

us to be good guardians.❤️

Respected Contributor

Atmosklear !!!!!  It is available at Amazon. I buy it by the gallon. It takes cat per smell out of anything BETTER than anything I have ever tried.  I have used it for years.It also takes smells out of laundry, musty smells,moldy odors,cigarette smells ...all go away with ease,and I even have sprayed it in my hair to remove cigarette odors after a night out with friends that smoke. I spray it in the air to get out cooking smells and spray it on anthing that needs a refresh.It also can be used in smelly shoes,etc.  I just put it in a spray bottle. It has no fragrance. That is key because if you use a fragrance to cover  pet urine e,events you associate the fragrance as per urine. It's not cheap but it totally saved my sofa when my aging cat had a urinary tract infection. I am never without it.

Respected Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

Atmosklear !!!!!  It is available at Amazon. I buy it by the gallon. It takes cat per smell out of anything BETTER than anything I have ever tried.  I have used it for years.It also takes smells out of laundry, musty smells,moldy odors,cigarette smells ...all go away with ease,and I even have sprayed it in my hair to remove cigarette odors after a night out with friends that smoke. I spray it in the air to get out cooking smells and spray it on anthing that needs a refresh.It also can be used in smelly shoes,etc.  I just put it in a spray bottle. It has no fragrance. That is key because if you use a fragrance to cover  pet urine e,events you associate the fragrance as per urine. It's not cheap but it totally saved my sofa when my aging cat had a urinary tract infection. I am never without it.

thanks for the tip @birkin baby!

👍👍👍

I've never heard of that product.