Honored Contributor

Here's the thing , thanks Mary Beth.  Some can't abide Jane, Courtney, Shawn , Carolyn, Kirsten, etc.etc. Q will never satisfy everyone. I have several I just won't watch, that's my decision andI know QVC doesn't care. If I gave my reasons, I would be poofed for being unkind. I imagine sales decide who stays and goes, but really if you give a host good time slots they will sell more regardless of how much they annoy some. 🤷‍♀️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I agree @QVCkitty1  that sales will be good during the popular time slots no matter who's hosting.  

Valued Contributor

I think that a lot (most) of the dynamic of the television shopping experience is the connection between the host/presenter and the viewer at home.  Since we live in a very diverse country there are going to be a million strong opinions (pro AND con!) on every host.

That said, it seems to me that in exploring these boards for a few months now, there are 2 hosts who seem to engender more negative comments than most of the others.

One of them wears pajamas and the other one is JT.

I feel a little bit bad for Jane because while I don't watch her a lot (women's shoes and clothes are not for me, sorry.) I have seen her enough over the years to think that she seems to be a genuinely nice person who enjoys a laugh.  When she is working solo she is able to focus more on the product and the viewer and she does a fine job.

It is when she partners up that her exuberance overcomes her and product details and her relationship to the viewer take a backseat to the giggles and the stories and the whole "best pals" "honey" saccharine that is off-putting to many.

Let's be kinder and more tolerant.  These folks are human and they are trying to feed their families.  If someone is a real trigger for you, there is a remote control right there beside you.

Respected Contributor

Re: What to do ?

[ Edited ]

Sorry, i'm missing the point of the original post. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What to do ?

[ Edited ]

I agree with the first post completely. The right product at the right price will move regardless of host.

(Thanks for the free remote control advice.

That's novel and has never been offered as sage words of wisdom here before.)

Honored Contributor

There are hosts that I enjoy more than others, but if I am interested in the show or a special item I watch regardless who the host is.

We, the viewer will probably never know what all factors are into putting hosts with certain shows.  Im sure that sales is the #1 tho.

All the hosts are doing their job, which is to sell us the products.  Each host has their own personalities that is interjected into their sales pitch.

But trashing any host on these boards is uncalled for.

however, saying benign things such as I wish Host XYZ would show the inside of coats I want to see if its lined or not and what kind of lining.  That is not being mean just an opinion,

The use of constructive criticism is just justifying a rude and hurtful slam.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I don't care who hosts a show as long as they give all the details about the products first.

I turn the channel if they are sharing personal stories or acting up. Hosts are not my friends. They are salespeople. Q's CEOs have repeatedly stated they want to provide entertainment and I'm just not interested in their version.

Honored Contributor

When I watch, I just mute the lot of them.

Over time, I'm learning to read lips.

Honored Contributor

We just have to keep in mind that some people's favorites will include the least favorites of others.   

Can't imagine all of us ever being totally pleased with either all the hosts or all the products.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I agree with the first post completely. The right product at the right price will move regardless of host.

(Thanks for the free remote control advice.

That's novel and has never been offered as sage words of wisdom here before.)

What's your deal @Johnnyeager ?   I've noticed that your posts are dripping with more sarcasm then usual.  What's got your panties in a bunch?