Honored Contributor

What annoys me the most is two chatty hosts plus a vendor. It's completely unnecessary and adds to the chaos.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I agree with the first post completely. The right product at the right price will move regardless of host.

(Thanks for the free remote control advice.

That's novel and has never been offered as sage words of wisdom here before.)

REALLY not necessary.  That post was kind and well written. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for more free insight QVC ladies.

Boxers firmly in place and intact.

Honored Contributor

I feel like a traitor as I rarely watch QVC looking for items to buy.

And yet here I am, almost every weekday, enjoying the forums.

I would never say anything unkind about a host.  Never.  Look back, you won't see it!  There's no need for me to do that.  (Maybe because hosts remain totally neutral in all things, lol--as it should be!)

There was a past host who I really enjoyed.  Won't mention her name, it causes a stir.  That's about when I stopped watching.

I do look and shop online here.  Not as often as in years past, but there really are more options now.

There's probably one host, when I'm channel surfing, I can't help to stop and watch.  Jayne Brown.  Love her!

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager 

"(Thanks for the free remote control advice.

That's novel and has never been offered as sage words of wisdom here before.)"

I too get tired of the change the channel if you are not happy comments.  People can do the same when they read a thread and complain about hosts being "bashed".  They can also find another thread that is more to their liking.

Honored Contributor

I am sure the hot time slots go to the higher sales people.  It seems to me that Shawn is now on the back burner; however, I do not watch the Q like I use to.  In fact, hardly ever.  I got discouraged when the Q repeated the TSV all morning long.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

99 % of the time I watch shopping channels on mute! Works very well. I dont watch very often anyways unless it is something I am interested in and if not, I just change the channel. 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

My take on all this is that some people live to grouse and complain.  Some people cannot stand if someone else is happy.  Some people are jealous of others.  

Some people are just plain old mean and probably are so avoided by people they have nobody to annoy and gripe about other than people on tv.

Then others are pretty nice folks, have a decent life with other hobbies and interests and you don't hear much about hosts from them.  

Respected Contributor

This is what I want to hear. Instead of other posters saying to just change the channel, I want QVC to tell me to change the channel if I don't like the host's presentation style. Right. I'm sure that's part of their grand business model and how they think they will ultimately sell more product. Annoy your customers to no end and run them off from even watching. GET REAL! 😲 

People complain here because they want to watch the channel, and to make purchases, and to enjoy the experience as they've done for so many years. But that's becoming harder and harder to do! It's very frustrating. And, yes, there is one particular host who does get a lot of criticism...and deservedly so at this point in her career. She did not act like this years ago and she doesn't need to now.

The person at QVC who is in charge of hosts and the current on air pairings and presentation style really needs to listen to what is being said here and take heed...before it's too late.

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

This is what I want to hear. Instead of other posters saying to just change the channel, I want QVC to tell me to change the channel if I don't like the host's presentation style. Right. I'm sure that's part of their grand business model and how they think they will ultimately sell more product. Annoy your customers to no end and run them off from even watching. GET REAL! 😲 

People complain here because they want to watch the channel, and to make purchases, and to enjoy the experience as they've done for so many years. But that's becoming harder and harder to do! It's very frustrating. And, yes, there is one particular host who does get a lot of criticism...and deservedly so at this point in her career. She did not act like this years ago and she doesn't need to now.

The person at QVC who is in charge of hosts and the current on air pairings and presentation style really needs to listen to what is being said here and take heed...before it's too late.

@pupwhipped  It seems not everyone likes or dislikes the same hosts. How should that work? Whose likes and dislikes should QVC listen to? Maybe send questionnaires out and go from there? I see many likes and dislikes that I don't agree with at all.