Honored Contributor

I don't know that this was ever really a fashion trend but knee socks!  And knee socks with rubber bands to hold them up when the elastic wore out😜

And my friends and I always admired Twiggy. We all 3 got these blue and white checked mini skirts with huge wide platinum fake leather belts. It was fun but we really didn't look like Twiggy lol!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay  Hahaha! Those rubber bands used to leave a mark!

Honored Contributor

Hot pants,  I had a pair that were super short.  So short that I wore nude colored tights under them for modesty. They were a tweed yellow and orange color...yuck!

I must have looked good ( I was about 16-17) because a younger neighborhood boy got excited and pulled down my hot pants when we were alone. ( it's a good thing I was wearing tights) 

I made him go home and he was so sorry and embarassed that he did that.  I still see him once in a while and he will not look me in the eye. I have never mentioned it to him again, but he is super uncomfortable around me.

Respected Contributor

I think the craziest has to be the exaggerated shoulder pads from the 1980's, with a 1970's halter top coming in 2nd.

@fairydogmother  When I was in 6th grade, my mom bought my BFF and me matching pink paper dresses. We wore them at the block party that summer & tossed them afterward. They were fun whimsy dresses.

Trusted Contributor

Baby doll dress with black lace up doc martins. So ridiculous, but I thought i was something special.

Esteemed Contributor

Hubby and I were in Kohls returning an item to Amazon.   We passed the clothing area and he saw jeans that  "had holes in them."  Both men and womens sections.  If he were answering this post I think it would be just that. He wanted to know if the price was reduced "because the items were damaged."  I better not wear the one pair I have.  LOL 

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@DesertGems  I wore window pane fishnet stockings with a navy wool mini skirt. I remember owing both navy and white window panes.

You really have to have long thin legs to pull these off!

ETA: I certainly couldn't pull that look off now! Hahaha!

I wore these with mini dresses when I was a teen in the sixties. 😊

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@DesertGems wrote:

the "craziest" fashion trend you've ever followed? 🤔

Care to share?

Maybe MC Hammer pants lolSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

In high school I dyed my very long hair jet black and sprayed silver streaks in it.  Yikes. Now I don't need to spray silver streaks, they came naturally.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Frequent Contributor

Wow! What a wonderful, wild world of Eclectics! 

Hope all enjoyed, as much as I! 💯

Thanks! 😉