Super Contributor

Re: ••• What's the reason for the "@" in front of nics? •••

Thanks @MrsSweetieBear and @sunshine45!  I haven't gotten a Notification yet.  If I do I'll come back and let you know.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Super Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I don't care for it.  If I wanted to be on Twitter I would, so I don't like having somebody add an '@' in front of my name to make it clickable. 

It just gives you a message that somebody said your name with an '@' in front of it.    I really don't need that.  

If they want to do some kind of messaging, then maybe they should try having a PM feature.  That would probably be welcomed by most of us and every board I've ever belonged to that had PMs also had the choice to turn it off for your account, so nobody HAS to use the feature.

Doesn't it let you click on it and go to the message like the hearts do?  That's what I would think the purpose of it would be.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45  lets see if i can use it on myself?

maybe the mods can come in and direct us? i wonder if it has anything to do with how your preferences are set?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I did a message to @ two people, and it didn't post.

@newziesuzie

@MrsSweetieBear

@sunshine45

@mystrion 1

Trusted Contributor

Me neither.  Doesn't seem to be turned on or something.  Oh well.  

CB, I agree about a pm feature.  That would be nice. 

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Trusted Contributor

I asked one of the mods about this last week and she said that she would bring the fact that it was not working to Admin's attention. I had used the @  with her name after she had explained how it worked. She saw that it did not notify her.

It appears that it has not been activated yet. This is the first I have heard that a poster actually received a notification using this function. It was from a mod, however, so I wonder if they have decided to reserve this feature for themselves only. I hope not.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

NickNack1 wrote:

Doesn't it let you click on it and go to the message like the hearts do?  That's what I would think the purpose of it would be.

Yes, I do believe it does.  Smiley Happy    Which, I suppose, is handy IF somebody wants to have all those messages.  Personally, I'd rather not.  Smiley Happy     But I don't begrudge it to others for whom it is a useful feature.

Honored Contributor

sort of  direct your answer to someone in a thread on a board or conversation. works well when implemented correctly. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks everybody!

At least we know what it might do someday lol!

😜

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

Well, that is weird. I definitely received a notification from Eva-QVC today to let me know she'd seen and responded to me:/