Trusted Contributor

What's Wrong With Some People

[ Edited ]

I put my recyclables out on the corner yesterday as they pick them up early Thursday morning.  Last night I went out to throw out a cardboard box and saw a fire extinguisher in the container.  I thought ... "hmmm, why did he (my husband) throw that in the recyclables???  Guess he knows what he's doing."  So this morning I go out to bring in the empty containers and the collectors threw the extinguisher in the middle of our front lawn and of course did not entirely empty the containers. 

So I texted my husband at work and told him "hey, the garbage collectors threw that fire extinguisher in the middle of the lawn."  He replies "what fire extinguisher?"  So he didn't throw it in there, who did??  A neighbor that knew it should not be disposed of that way and didn't want it in their containers so they threw it in ours?  People are so odd.

Maybe I'm just tired because for the last two nights, the hottest nights of the year, we lost our power for six hours and I could not sleep.  It felt like there was no air at all.  And last night our next door neighbor decides to run his generator all night so they could run their air conditioner.  This thing was so loud I thought I was going to lose my mind. 

Respected Contributor

Re: What's Wrong With Some People

I put the garbage and recyclables out in the morning, I too have found things stuffed in either one of the containers if I put them out the night before.

It's well worth it no matter how early you may have to get up.

You must be really tired with all that noise last night.

Esteemed Contributor

@Equuleus

Because some people are just triffling and lazy!

Too bad you don't have a security camera to catch the culprit.

Trusted Contributor

@Just Bling I was trying to get it done so my husband wouldn't have to do it when he arrived home.  He told me the same thing ... leave it alongside the house and I'll take it out in the morning before I leave for work.  Now we have to figure out how to dispose of it. 

Yes, I'm very tired.  Two nights without sleep and the first night I had a migraine and it was a very bad one that made me ill.

Esteemed Contributor

@Equuleus

I suffered with migraines from age 34 to 50.   They drove me to bed and made me sick to the point I couldn't move.

I hope you have found something to take for them.  No one should have to live with that kind of pain.

Respected Contributor

@Equuleus

that's a good question as to what to do with it.

the internet said "yes, everything on the internet is true"

depress the release valve and throw away

or

call your local fire department and ask them

Respected Contributor

Reminds me of what an aquaintance did once that made me laugh.  Her neighbor parked a big truck on the street side of her house.  He used it for hauling.  So one evening she cleaned up her yard and threw all her trash in the back of his truck.  The next morning she found all her trash, and a lot more, back in her yard.  He made his point.

Respected Contributor

It's possible that the recycle workers do that to try to embarrass their customers when something should not be recycled. I've seen this done to someone that had a large potted plant filled with weeds. My guess is that someone in your neighborhood just didn't want to deal with disposing the fire extinguisher from their own collection.

One time I had a plastic grocery bag filled with dog doo placed in my empty recycle bin by a community member walking their dog.  I had to tip the bin over and slide the bag out because I couldn't reach to the bottom!  

People need to realize that many residents have security cameras placed around their property!  Shame on their rude behavior!

Respected Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

... And last night our next door neighbor decides to run his generator all night so they could run their air conditioner.  This thing was so loud I thought I was going to lose my mind. 

@Equuleus, most places have noise regulations for generators.  For day and night.  Perhaps your neighbor is in violation.  

Super Contributor

We have to take our recycling to a central spot in town.  I was taking my cardboard there over the weekend, and someone had dropped off an old bathtub and other garbage and tucked it all behind one of the bins.

So when they shut down the recycling center because the township is tired of disposing of people's garbage we'll know who to blame. I hope they have cameras, but I don't think they do.

It makes me so mad.  Take care of your own garbage!