Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's With All the Praying?

Respected Contributor

The discussion in this thread may cause me to stop talking to people.  It appears that no matter what you say, someone may be offended and call you out on it.  It saddens me that kindness is deemed offensive because it wasn't done in a manner the listener deems to be correct.   

Honored Contributor

nomless wrote:

The discussion in this thread may cause me to stop talking to people.  It appears that no matter what you say, someone may be offended and call you out on it.  It saddens me that kindness is deemed offensive because it wasn't done in a manner the listener deems to be correct.   

@nomlessThen you are overreacting and missing the point of this thread, as so many others are.  I suggest you read occastionalrain's excellent post, just two or three about yours. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If a person sits among a roomful of people and someone is overheard to say, "Wow, some people are crabby" and the response from that person is, "I'm not crabby!" others would certainly scratch their heads and wonder why that person believes the comment was aimed solely at her.

Is it guilt? Paranoia? Self-centeredness? Big ears? Hmm. So hard to say...

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

It could be any those listed, hard to say, but there is no question that your post is unkind and out of line.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

It could be any those listed, hard to say, but there is no question that your post is unkind and out of line.

I thank you for your opinion OR.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Super Contributor

Throughout my longevity it was common courtesy to say bless you (others may say God first) after a person sneezes.  Their response was always 'thank you'. There wasn't any debate whether it was religious or not. My thought Chaz is showing humility, appreciation and gratitude for others.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC for inappropriate comments

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@oceanbreezy wrote:

Throughout my longevity it was common courtesy to say bless you (others may say God first) after a person sneezes.  Their response was always 'thank you'. There wasn't any debate whether it was religious or not. My thought Chaz is showing humility, appreciation and gratitude for others.

This is an excellent point. Often strangers will say it after a person sneezes. Is this something to be offended by as well? 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____