Respected Contributor

What's With All the Praying?

Are you more likely to purchase WEN when Chaz is praying?  I wonder if he is actually seeking religious help or if it is a weird mannerism? I think I'd like it better if he didn't do it. . .

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's With All the Praying?

I haven't watched in years but if you're speaking about Chaz's gesture where he clasps his hands and then bows at the waist it is an Eastern tradition to show thanks and appreciation.

It's not a prayer ritual.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Chaz  is  "ZEN" with his Man Bun.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I haven't watched in years but if you're speaking about Chaz's gesture where he clasps his hands and then bows at the waist it is an Eastern tradition to show thanks and appreciation.

It's not a prayer ritual.

I quite agree with you. He is showing his gratitude for all the people who purchase his products. He may be thanking a higher power or the viewers; he is a very thankful person.  I have seen Jamie Kern Lima do it (clasp her hands together in a prayer gesture) a couple of times when the host says her IT Cosmetics product just sold out or tells the viewers how many thousands of her products have just been purchased. Isn't it nice to have vendors who show their appreciation. They know we are the people who can either make or break them when it comes to sales.

I have seen the gesture in India and many southeast Asian countries, many times used with the word "namaste," which is a form of greeting and/or leaving someone. It is considered a form of courtesy/politeness/thankfulness. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's an Eastern tradition.  He has several statues of deities around his L.A. business.

So, all those who have a traditional relijus belief - do they buy WEN? They certainly post dislike of other beliefs here. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Super Contributor

I was going to say the same thing. It's a gesure of respect. He's not praying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%C3%B1jali_Mudr%C4%81

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Regular Contributor

At least it's coming from a positive place. There are far worse "gestures" out there in the world Cat Wink

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wonder what the boys get paid for petting the dogs?  Likewise for the model that shampoos her hair on air?

Contributor

he does!never notice...but he come across a little dramatizing

Contributor

i never notice...i just think he a little drama