Honored Contributor

Okay, so bear with me as I have a lot to say! I had to send my Samsung Chrome book Pro ($500) to Assurant for repair. Yesterday I was in the bathroom, the bell rings, and there is my chrome book sitting on my porch in the rain just waiting for any one to take ( I don't know how it was delivered, possibly FedEx as that's what I used to send it to them). I called Assurant as I was fuming. I asked the nice customer rep why didn't I get an email stating my chrome book was on it's way to me, why the package was poorly wrapped ( I didn't need a scissor to cut the tape, anyone could have opened it), and most importantly why do they not require a signature for something this expensive? He gave me no answers, just apologized ( I asked if it had been stolen who would have replaced it, no answer). Then I tracked two packages I was expecting, one from Ulta and one from QVC. Well the tracking said both packages were delivered on 11/8. I never received either one. I called QVC, they are sending out a repacement, no problem. I called Ulta, since it says it was delivered I had to call UPS to file a claim and get a claim number before I could be sent out a replacement. I call UPS they tell me Ulta has to initiate the investigation (because my package was sent by UPS and was suppose to go to my local post office but then UPS decided to deliver it straight to me). I'm thinking this is what happened with the QVC package because it's odd both were suppose to have been delivered to me the same day. I'm annoyed with Ulta, I feel like they were giving me the run around, ( I called Ulta back explained what UPS said and they are sending out a replacement order). I'm thinking someone is enjoying my packages, I don't understand how someone can keep something that's not theirs. So a word to the wise, this holiday season be diligent with all your orders.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it's that time of year but package theft happens all the time now.  I do a lot of online shopping, I most things online but I always know when a package is coming.  I check USPS, UPS, Fedex daily; sometimes twice a day.  No surprises, I know what's coming and when.  Also I check tracking for all the things I buy and most companies I buy from do send emails telling me when my item was sent out.  I'm fortunate, they all ring my bell when they deliver but UPS will leave the package on the front step if I am not home.  Which actually doesn't happen to me because if I'm not going to be home on the delivery date, I just go into UPS.com and have them deliver it to the nearest UPS Access point.  It takes oversight and thought but in these times when there are so many thieves out there, it's totally worth it.  

Valued Contributor

I too experienced the package was delivered syndrome and went through all the phone calls. QVC replaced the item which I appreciate. Then I found out on our development’s Facebook page that many in our neighborhood were experiencing missing packages and receipt of incorrect mail. I and others complained to our post office and they are investigating. We will see if the situation improves.

Honored Contributor

Also another thing I don't do.....is delete any thing in my email that has shipping info in it.....until I have the package in my little hands and have opened it.  Once I am happy with the purchases....then I delete them.  But always have my status on the Q to go to if something is wrong.  

Many things today are being shipped out either FedX or UPS then transferred to USPS.....therein lies the problem with finding out where your packages are.  I'm not happy with this way of shipping, but it looks like all online shopping sites are doing it.  

Respected Contributor

@embgm

I wish you luck in dealing with your post office!

My next door neighbor, who was also my friend, moved away this past summer.  She had her address changed at the PO, but her mail kept going to her old address.  She and the new owner kept in contact and the new owner was happy to forward her mail.   When my friend was in town, she went to the PO to try to get things straight.  She said the Postmaster acted as though there was nothing he could do!  

Honored Contributor

I too have had 2 packages now gone from shippment this past week. 

both were from ebay. i contacted paypal they are trying to get ahold of seller to see if she will send me a replacement order, I have sent emails no answer. maybe paypal will have better luck.

the other was an expensive purchase from ebay again, the package was tracked via postal office to main ship facility in Philadelphia that is where it stops. sure hope whoever took the package is enjoying it.

I did contact the seller on this package,she will give it till tuesday to be delivered to me if not , then will have the items shipped again. at least she is working with me to get me my items I would like to have.

i guess this is the season for items to be taken .

Valued Contributor

Exactly what I went through. Calling UPS then going to the post office then calling QVC. I’m grateful QVC replaced my purchase. The PO’s first response was we must be having substitute mailman for the mail to be delivered incorrectly. Our response was no we have had a problem for months we just didnt realize it was so widespread through our community. Hopefully they researched who has been delivering our mail and spoken to them. 

@ShowMe wrote:

Also another thing I don't do.....is delete any thing in my email that has shipping info in it.....until I have the package in my little hands and have opened it.  Once I am happy with the purchases....then I delete them.  But always have my status on the Q to go to if something is wrong.  

Many things today are being shipped out either FedX or UPS then transferred to USPS.....therein lies the problem with finding out where your packages are.  I'm not happy with this way of shipping, but it looks like all online shopping sites are doing it.  

Xactly

Honored Contributor

I'm the OP and I know my UPS driver, he always rings the bell and waits for me to answer ( I tip him at the holidays as I do my postal worker). He must have been out on 11/8, someone else either delivered it to the wrong house or just left it on the porch without ringing the bell. I am very honest, I would never keep a package I knew wasn't mine, I don't even keep mail that's not mine ( if they live on my block I deliver it myself). Aside from doing the right thing, how can you enjoy something that isn't yours, also wouldn't you be afraid somehow it will be discovered that you erroneously were delivered the package?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm thinking the drivers for UPS and Fedex have gotten lazy.  I was waiting for a package, I heard the UPS truck, heard the package drop but no door bell ring or call out "UPS."  I ran out and caught the driver before he got back into his truck and ask why did not ring the doorbell or call out.  He of course lied and said that he did and the doorbell was broken.  It was not.

A friend's latest experience with FEDex, tracking indicated that the package had been delivered when it had not.  He lodged a complaint on Fedex's facebook page and someone from the company contacted him apologized and he received $25.00 reimbursement of his shipping.  The package which was supposedly delivered showed up the next day.