Honored Contributor

Re: What's Up For St. Patrick's Day?

On 3/11/2015 OC FRESH said:

Can't wait! Smile Image result for corned beef and cabbage pictures

Me, too Wink

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 3/11/2015 MickD said: Going to DS's swim meet......no corned beef this year....DH is on a diet and DS doesn't like...I will wear green though!

I do this with gold on the left ring finger:

Image result for st, patrick's day nails

Respected Contributor

My mom was 100% Irish, so I like celebrating St. Pat's Day.

There is a celebration at the park near me. I am planning to walk over there and see if I can get some good Irish food. They have a fountain that turns green for the festival Saturday and then again on the 17th.

ETA Noel, I LOVE the manicure!

~Enough is enough~
Super Contributor

I don't really decorate for Saint Patricks Day. We will start the 17th with a Mass said for my Dad. Lunch & Dinner at local Irish Pubs celebrating with Family watching neices & nephews perform. Parade this Saturday.
Esteemed Contributor

Oh, this is a huge day in my house. We are actually going up to Buffalo for a trip this year and we will be in South Buffalo on St Patricks Day. They have a large population of Irish there. We will be spending the day at the Irish Center in South Buffalo.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

On 3/11/2015 mstyrion 1 said:

My mom was 100% Irish, so I like celebrating St. Pat's Day.

There is a celebration at the park near me. I am planning to walk over there and see if I can get some good Irish food. They have a fountain that turns green for the festival Saturday and then again on the 17th.

ETA Noel, I LOVE the manicure!

The manicure will be perfect for you, mstyrion! I'll bet that fountain is beautiful.

Honored Contributor

On 3/11/2015 irishmama5 said: I don't really decorate for Saint Patricks Day. We will start the 17th with a Mass said for my Dad. Lunch & Dinner at local Irish Pubs celebrating with Family watching neices & nephews perform. Parade this Saturday.

Your day seems perfect Love the part about watching the children perform.

Honored Contributor

On 3/11/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

Oh, this is a huge day in my house. We are actually going up to Buffalo for a trip this year and we will be in South Buffalo on St Patricks Day. They have a large population of Irish there. We will be spending the day at the Irish Center in South Buffalo.

I thought that might be the case with you, LOL. I'd like to hear about your day afterward Smile

Honored Contributor

On 3/11/2015 NoelSeven said:
On 3/11/2015 dmod nj said:

Hi Noel, Smiley Happy

I think my decorating comes from being a teacher. I decorated for all the seasons and holidays.

I do the same at home. When my son was younger, I did a lot more decorating. Nothing fancy. It helps to have some fun and color over the LONG, cold winter.

I am sure you treasure the shillelagh.

I didn't know you were a teacher, Donna! Of course you're an expert on decorating. How about DIY? My mother was good at crafts and made a lot of her decorations, I'm not that crafty, it skipped a generation. My girl is good at it. I head to Michael's for the ready-made {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Hi Noel,

I should have said, a former teacher. I guess you didn't read my mind as I was writing that post in a hurry. lol lol

I do enjoy some crafting. I do a bit of counted cross stitch almost every day.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I have decorations...many of them are from Beleek, and I bought them from QVC! I'm not a big fan of Irish food, so will pass on that... I do have a mani scheduled for Friday, so might get a clover design on a few fingers.