Honored Contributor

What kind of a camper are you?

Watching a video on The Great Smokey Mtns. and the hikers and where they sleep for the night.  Even in my good days, I couldn't hike the way these guys are.  I love to see this area.

The video before this showed the water height at Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.  I stayed at one of the places mentioned.  It was a wonderful bubbling brook beside it and now it's a raging river.  Water is up over the roads and covering many things in it's path.  If you enjoy that area, you might want to look on You Tube.  It's amazing.  Love that area.

We use to camp in our younger days, went from tent all the way up to a 5th wheel and then that ended.  Got to be too much work.  So anyway, we enjoyed it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What kind of a camper are you?

I haven't camped since I was about 13 or 14 or so, but my parents and I have camped in tents and in a camper.

I kinda miss camping, but I think that if I were to go camping now, I'd want to stay in a cabin or a small camper, like a Winniebaggo.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

We had a pop-up camper when the kids were little. Then graduated into a trailer. We had such fun times camping. In fact, that's how we found our property on our favorite lake here in beautiful upper Michigan, where we built a house and now live! When we all get together, my kids always talk about their fun camping days. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I only camped once and it was in a tent in the middle of no where.  I did not like it at all!  I don't like snakes, bugs, etc!  No bathroom.  Where we were, there was also the worry of large predators, such as bears! I was terrified the whole time.  I know some people who say they are "camping" and they have or rent a beautiful cottage complete with electric and heat.  Is this real camping?  Don't know.  But, it would be more to my liking!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

RV and love it!  All the comforts of home and the ability to enjoy nature at the same time!

Honored Contributor

I prefer room service......    Besides, I'm allergic to everything that grows in the ground (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Must have running water, bathroom and electricity so need a fully tricked out camper or cabin.

Honored Contributor

I'm a hotel kind of camper.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I agree @gidgetgh , but really prefer renting a condo. If a hotel room, it must have a balcony.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not a camper. 4-5 star hotel only. My idea of roughing it is a day at the spa.😂