Honored Contributor

Re: What kind of a camper are you?

My idea of "camping" is the nearest Hilton or Marriott.  Do not see the appeal of sleeping outdoors.

Honored Contributor

A non existent one. I can't think of anything I hate more than camping

Esteemed Contributor

I used to be a tree camper, but now I'm mostly a ground squirrel.

Image result for squirrel camping

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel   Yea!  One of my favorite peeps!  You will be happy to know that we always have a can of peanuts for the squirrels when we go RVing.  We have a favorite beach where the squirrels live in the bushes/growth between the sand and the RV campsite.  We go out in the am... and start strategically throwing a few in the bushes and before long we have a few of our friends within a foot of our camp chairs clamouring for more (they scamper back to their hollow with chunky cheeks and return for more).  We love our squirrels.  So happy to see you hereHeart

Honored Contributor

i am so NOT a camper.

give me a nice hotel room any day of the week please! Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

My idea of roughing it is no mint on my pillow.  If I was meant to have no running water, indoor plumbing or electricity I'd have been born in 1850 instead of 1950.

Honored Contributor

I am a non camper.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to go canoeing every summer with all my friends, male and female, about 12 of us and we always camped out in a tent. We cooked all our meals over a fire, even cake and had a ball. Some people brought air mattresses and I did once but woke up flat to the ground and man my back hurt on the cold hard ground.

Canoeing is so much fun but hated the so called bathrooms ewww

I don't remember many bugs and I was in my 40s when I started canoeing and camping. We drove down to Mo where they had beautiful rivers and camping grounds. 

Esteemed Contributor

We don't camp anymore. When the kids were little they liked to camp. A few times we went in a tent, the kids loved it. Me and dh not so much. We started just finding nice cabins to go to and the kids were ok staying in a cabin.

Now the kids are grown and they both have tents and they both camp.

Respected Contributor

I don't camp. I must have my amenities.