Honored Contributor

Re: What kind of Vehicle do you Own

@I am still oxox 

You wouldn't be interested in my car.  It's a modern day station wagon and I will one drive one till there are none left to buy.  They haven't made them since 2019 so any others I buy will have to be used.  That's my car in my driveway. 

2011 Ford Flex Limited

Esteemed Contributor

Nissan Rogue....I love it. I need an SUV to drive in New England winters. Before that, I had a Jeep Cherokee. I was glad to get rid of it. It always had one problem or another. 

Honored Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

The last car I purchased was a Toyota 4Runner.  It's getting older though and I really need to get something else.  It's sure been a great vehicle!

My niece still has her 4Runner from 2012, with 208,000 miles on it. 

Trusted Contributor

I have a 2024 Subaru Outback.  This is my 8th Subaru (I lease).  The size & features are perfect for me.  I feel very safe in the snow and, more so, in the rain.  And I must have a sunroof.  

I am also from Westchester County (White Plains).  Leased my previous cars at Rye Subaru and Curry SubaruWoman Happy

I'm curious where you are able to overnight park on the street in WP.  I lived on Lake Street and the Battle Hill section and cars were always being ticketed.

Good luck car shopping!

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

@I am still oxox 

We only buy Lexus used not new with as low miles as we can find.

They last forever with regular maintenance and oil changes every 3,000 - 5,000 miles.

@rockygems123 

one of our cars is a lexus that was purchased new.....2007, about 85K  miles. smooth ride and still going strong with no major issues.

My Lexus is '09 purchased in '08 has 85K miles. All we have done is but on tires and replaced battery. 

Respected Contributor

@I am still ox ox ox..I’m glad u have peace w/the decisions u made regarding your dad/parents. Both of my parents are gone now and I had similar decisions when they were alive. It’s tough when you’re faced w/ those child/ parent decisions. You have alot of replies here to read about what cars people are driving. Lol. Btw- Tell your husband that we live in Orangetown. I’m assuming he’s from Clarkstown, Orangetown, or Ramapo. Nice chatting w/u!💁‍♀️
Respected Contributor

BMW 530i

Honored Contributor

Pearl Red Rav 4.  I can just sit down in it and not climb up.  The inside is quite roomy.

Trusted Contributor

@amyb, I love my Acura too.  I have a 1995 Acura Legend Coupe.  It looks and drives likes a brand new car.  It has no rust  - original paint - looks beautiful.  The leather seats were cracking so I had new leather seats installed a few year ago.  For about the first 10 years I used the car everyday, except for winter months.

I now have the car stored in the garage and don't use it much - I guess you could say I'm "saving" it.  I truly love it - it has really had no mechanical issues except that a sensor went out.  Other than than, it just gets regular oil changes, transmission check-ups, new tires etc.  

legend_1.jpg

Respected Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

@amyb, I love my Acura too.  I have a 1995 Acura Legend Coupe.  It looks and drives likes a brand new car.  It has no rust  - original paint - looks beautiful.  The leather seats were cracking so I had new leather seats installed a few year ago.  For about the first 10 years I used the car everyday, except for winter months.

I now have the car stored in the garage and don't use it much - I guess you could say I'm "saving" it.  I truly love it - it has really had no mechanical issues except that a sensor went out.  Other than than, it just gets regular oil changes, transmission check-ups, new tires etc.  

legend_1.jpg

Aw, wonderful! I love that. Looks great! I guess I'm not the only one who, when I love my car, I just hold onto it. Mine is navy blue too! Smiley Happy Yes, I think they're great cars. Mine amazingly drives just like it ever did when it was new too. I wish I could have garaged it, especially since I live in CT, with our winters...but my condo unit doesn't have a garage unfortunately.