Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: What is with the censorship?

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Melania2 wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Melania2 wrote:

When they don't agree with some it's censorship, when they do...crickets. *eyeroll*Cat Indifferent

Or should I say quack quack. Cat Tongue

Exactly. And while some say "I don't see it as censorship" when asked "Then what is it?" there is never an explanation that doesn't fall directly under the definition of the word. 

The word censorship for it is wrong. I shouldn't have used it.  The quest to feel controlled and abused is way overused here.

It is moderation.  Their board their RULES. It's nothing new.

Why do so many not get that?

Moderation is avoiding extremes in one's behavior and political opinions. Extremes are expressed, they are then deleted, and that falls directly into the definition of censorship.

People do get it. They also get that it's censorship when something deemed unduly controversial is deleted from the board. I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, that we don't agree to it, or that they have the right to do it. I personally couldn't are less about the censorship but why be so afraid to call it what it is? 

You seem so hung up on the definition and not the dynamic here.

It doesn't change a thing no matter how much you want to beat into us.

For the millionth time...it is the Q's board. Their rules.

We all have choices to stay or go.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Melania2 wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Melania2 wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Melania2 wrote:

When they don't agree with some it's censorship, when they do...crickets. *eyeroll*Cat Indifferent

Or should I say quack quack. Cat Tongue

Exactly. And while some say "I don't see it as censorship" when asked "Then what is it?" there is never an explanation that doesn't fall directly under the definition of the word. 

The word censorship for it is wrong. I shouldn't have used it.  The quest to feel controlled and abused is way overused here.

It is moderation.  Their board their RULES. It's nothing new.

Why do so many not get that?

Moderation is avoiding extremes in one's behavior and political opinions. Extremes are expressed, they are then deleted, and that falls directly into the definition of censorship.

People do get it. They also get that it's censorship when something deemed unduly controversial is deleted from the board. I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, that we don't agree to it, or that they have the right to do it. I personally couldn't are less about the censorship but why be so afraid to call it what it is? 

You seem so hung up on the definition and not the dynamic here.

It doesn't change a thing no matter how much you want to beat into us.

For the millionth time...it is the Q's board. Their rules.

We all have choices to stay or go.

Of course I'm talking about the definition. If you had actually read my posts you would have known that was my point all along! I don't try to change the meaning of a word simply because it doesn't suit me. And for the 10 millionth time, regardless of whose board it is, it's censorship. You know who else is hung up on the definition? A dude named Webster. It would do you good to check it out.

I have no idea what this dynamic thing you're referring to is unless it is wanting the change the Q's policy of censorship. If so, no one is less interested in that endeavor than me. Not only am I totally unconcerned about it changing, I certainly didn't try to beat it into you. Not even once. Again, had you read my posts you would know that.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is the simple principle of the Rules of the Roost.  

It is THEIR HOUSE  THEY make the RULES..

Play by them or GO HOME...

SIMPLE

It is the same way with any company that you may work for.  You follow their rules when you take the job.  You agree to come to work ont time.  Do your job responsibilities and clock in and ou on time for lunch etc.  

This is Q's Blog.  NOT YOURS..  Follow THIER RULES or find another Blog. SIMPLE!!

Have a nice day.  Whine somewhere else.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I couldn't agree with you more bear. I don't think anyone could care less more than me about what the Q decides to allow here. They could say that starting tomorrow we could no longer use the letter E and I'd be fine with it.

On the other hand I also realize I have no right to tell people what they can, or can't, post about. People whine and people whine back. If I don't want to see it I don't open the thread. As you said...SIMPLE!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Suzi#Q_2

G## w# would d#finit#ly hav# a probl#m with that one! Woman Wink

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼