Honored Contributor

Re: What is with all the host /vendor kissing?

@hckynut wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

None of the other shopping networks have vendors and hosts kissing one another. It just seems like it is done to excess. Not necessary and in some cases over exaggerated. 

@SeaMaiden, Hi to you,

I am assuming these are what are now considered, or defined as "air kisses" no?  I don't watch much on this network primarily because they have very few: Electronic Shows/Exercise Equipment/Home Solution type cleaning equipment shows, to interest me enough to DVR many of them.

At least 99.5% of all tv I watch has all been previously recorded via DVR. The shopping networks I prefer to watch that more suit my interests, I do not see hugging and "air kisses"? Even if I did, I am more interested in the content and presentation by the hosts, than how they choose to greet the vendors.

Is this maybe a gender issue because it doesn't even register to me?

hckynut(john)

@hckynut

Hey John ..... I almost never watch anything in real time, either.   So much more efficient to FF through commercials and watch at my convenience.

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

My gfs do the air kissing thing because its kinda fun.

Can't really imagine people getting their panties in a bunch over it.

I'm with you @QueenDanceALot! It seems that it bothers many as this subject comes up quite a bit.  It doesn't even faze me either.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Being nice is wrong?

A new low for this place.

Contributor

This kissing thing is so unprofessional. You dont see people in the real world in business kissing. A hand shake and warm verbal welcome is more reasonable. Lets assume the talk shows will now kiss their guests. Dr Phill kissing.......

Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

Being nice is wrong?

A new low for this place.

@Melania

Be careful, Melania.  I basically asked Why Worry? And it was taken down and labeled "inappropriate."

Honored Contributor

Pedal:  I just thought of something..........In a business corporation/office/whatever/wherever, if someone decides to come over and attempt a 'kiss', wouldn't he/she be cautioned against it, citing a 'harrassment' of some type?  I really don't know why I thought of this...........sorry.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot   think they should just slug each other.   Bwah ahahahahahahaha

Good one!!!!

Honored Contributor

I think it is unprofessional and a waste of time.  I think they should do a verbal welcome and maybe a handshake.    By the way, it isn't all "air kissing" it is one or even two kisses on the cheek.   Very awkward when a hosts attempts to kiss a vendor that isn't expecting a kiss, etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This has been going on for years!  Nothing new. I know it don't make me feel like part of the family. I remember when DB used to be all over LR.  I don't think it is appropriate but then again, probably no one cares what I think.  LOL

oh by the way     MWAH

Esteemed Contributor

It is particularly ridiculous when the vendor was on only a few minutes before and then comes out again for another presentation and they kiss and hug all over again!  Good grief, so stupid!!