Contributor
What is up with QVC and a whole lot of advance items. QVC seems to be doing alot of that lately.
Respected Contributor

Well I guess when you're still in the midst of a pandemic and items aren't able to be manufactured, then aren't able to be shipped, and then aren't able to be unloaded, and then aren't able to be transported, and then when finally received aren't able to be stocked, then there's is bound to be unplanned delays from when a merchant placed their order eons ago.

Honored Contributor

Retailers get a better "price deal"  with the supplier if they place a LARGE order.    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

AND its easy to cancel AO where you can't ever seem to cancel even things that are in process forever, so I am way OK with AO. I ordered some VPH things, then saw things I wanted more so happy I could cancel some things to get other things. I say more AO!

if in a hurry for something, try another site. 

Honored Contributor

@millies daughter wrote:
What is up with QVC and a whole lot of advance items. QVC seems to be doing alot of that lately.

@millies daughter    Many complex shipping problems which include Asian ports being shut down due to covid.  Big backlog of ships waiting to be unloaded at West Coast ports. This is seriously affecting all retail in the US.  There are a number of threads here that go into detail. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

I don't know what the delay is but it is frustrating. I have items I ordered 11 days ago and it's still saying "preparing your order." It's so frustrating. Customer service sucks any more. Returns take up to a month to get a credit. HSN, items arrive almost as soon as you place the order. Maybe HSN is trying to kill QVC, since they now own it. 

Honored Contributor

I was at Walmart and kept searching for a check yourself out register that would take cash.  Thought I had found one it took change, but, wouldn't take dollar bill, had to call the girl over she said the banks don't have any coins any more so most of the machines only take cards !!!   I said what in the world is the world coming to ? Walmarts can't get coins from the bank, so, they make all the check yourself out areas for credit cards only.

I get so frustrated any more, long lines, no checkers, machines that won't take cash.    Insane world.

Honored Contributor

Amazon is still doing very well at getting me my orders on time. They must be coping somehow. I've only had one or two things take an extra few days. And they were USPS shipped items, not the Amazon delivery team. I also ordered some earrings from Shop LC the other day and they took the normal amount of time to arrive.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@SharkE We have seen some self-checkouts that take no cash at all or are limited to just one.

I don't know if it has to do with a coin shortage, though.

I thought that issue was over but we pay cash at cashier staffed regular check outs with no problems.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Well I guess when you're still in the midst of a pandemic and items aren't able to be manufactured, then aren't able to be shipped, and then aren't able to be unloaded, and then aren't able to be transported, and then when finally received aren't able to be stocked, then there's is bound to be unplanned delays from when a merchant placed their order eons ago.

@Etoile308 

I think too many forget that a lot of our country, and others, were shut down for well over a year. I worked in a manufacturing plant for 33 years, and just shutting machines down for 2 days?

Machines can be very fickle when they are not running regularly. There were some weeks it took 2 days to get them up to speed. Humans? Some maybe longer!

hckynut(john)  🏒

hckynut(john)