Respected Contributor

Re: What is the problem with new posters?

There is no problem with new posters.  The problems arise when posters pretend to be new by opening a new account or returning to one they haven't used in years.

Most new posters do not try to monopolize the forums.  It's a dead giveaway when they do. 

Honored Contributor

@Dash wrote:

Thank to all who have responded and for the clarification.  As an infrequent poster I did not recognize the concern about posters who create new nics to agitate nor am I able to recognize who they might be.  I understand now that there is not just a general dislike for all new and infrequent posters. 

Definitely not, @Dash :-)  Genuine new posters are the lifeblood of any forum.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Sometimes what people label "attacks" are, in actuality, other posters seeing through the poster who feels attacked and recognizing that the poster's true motivations are pot-stirring or whatever else  that poster's true motivations are.  What some people deem to be attacks really aren't but are instead revealing the truth to other posters.

Trusted Contributor

Too bad some feel they have to create an alter ego to say how they really feel about a line or vendor for fear they'd be bullyied in the favorites forums for stating their opinion on some items. That's when I see a lot of new posters is when something hideous is on air, then there's a lot of negative comments from them. It seems fishy if they only come out to be rude, bash, vent, or stir the pot. Otherwise we were all new once.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@StraytoStay wrote:

Too bad some feel they have to create an alter ego to say how they really feel about a line or vendor for fear they'd be bullyied in the favorites forums for stating their opinion on some items. That's when I see a lot of new posters is when something hideous is on air, then there's a lot of negative comments from them. It seems fishy if they only come out to be rude, bash, vent, or stir the pot. Otherwise we were all new once.

Too bad those posters don't have enough self esteem to post under their regular user names.  However, I suspect the real reason for the pseudonyms is that they are solely posting to stir the pot and incite people.  Otherwise they'd be much more polite in their posts, which they aren't.  They are nasty and so want to post anonymously.  I think it's that reason far more than fear of bullying.  After all, given the very nasty and rude  language they use, they themselves are bullies. 

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@catwhisperer wrote:

Unfortunately, some new posters start posting only to create havoc. 

That's a snarky comment and some new posters that are hesitant to begin will certainly be scared off. 

No, @Shanus, what @catwhisperer said is truth, not snark, because I, and others have seen it happen, time and time again.

@Plaid Pants2@catwhisperer

I agree with @Shanus  Who would want to join a board where you are put in the spotlight just for being new AND not saying anything controversial?

As far as the rest, a poster cannot keep pot -stirring if you don't answer them.  This constant attempts at "gotcha" moments clutters up the board with nonesense.

Even if the poster is a "troll" - who is more the fool for responding?

Y'all don't get it-y'all ready to "prove" something on an anonymous board.  You come off as petty, juvenile, and territorial while the troll gets just what he/she wanted-the attention.

I smh at this everytime.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Yes this board generally seems to be suspicious of new posters especially if there is a topic that seems controversial. I personally don't care either way. If I am so suspicious of a new poster and don't believe them or I feel something is off, I always have the option of not responding to their posts. I give people the benefit of the doubt until I have a reason not to. 

Exactly........in the grand scheme of things does it really matter if someone is new or just changed their name? I still have complete control over what posts I respond to or not. I can give my opinions but have responsibility only for myself, my actions and reactions.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

Some people just like to complain. Haven't noticed it myself. Post what you want and ignore the grouchy people. They don't own the place. 

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

Personally I think it is great to have new posters.  They bring some new ideas to the forum.  Another good thing is it shows the forum is still useful and hopefully QVC will keep it around for a long time. 

Welcome anyone new or anyone who doesn't post often.  Please don't be strangers.

@hellodali  I don't think anyone has a problem with legitimate new posters.   It's the ones who are "reincarnations" of other posters or who are just trolls coming to make trouble that people have a problem with.

Who you respond to is on you. If the obvious trolls were ignored, the threads would fade away into oblivion but there are always those posters who cannot just let it go and are somehow compelled to answer, argue with or have a conversation with others on the troll's thread, thus not letting the thread die a natural death.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

Personally I think it is great to have new posters.  They bring some new ideas to the forum.  Another good thing is it shows the forum is still useful and hopefully QVC will keep it around for a long time. 

Welcome anyone new or anyone who doesn't post often.  Please don't be strangers.

@hellodali  I don't think anyone has a problem with legitimate new posters.   It's the ones who are "reincarnations" of other posters or who are just trolls coming to make trouble that people have a problem with.

Who you respond to is on you. If the obvious trolls were ignored, the threads would fade away into oblivion but there are always those posters who cannot just let it go and are somehow compelled to answer, argue with or have a conversation with others on the troll's thread, thus not letting the thread die a natural death.

@reiki604  Well let's see. You just posted this statement above: " I still have complete control over what posts I respond to or not. I can give my opinions but have responsibility only for myself, my actions and reactions."  So let me be - I'll post or not post as I see fit.